Pubs

supertom46

turn right out of the train station and head down the road. On your right (set back a touch) is the devonshire arms (the devy) Quite large inside and has standing room outside. And its a real ale pub for those interested. A nice pub.

Thats first stop.

The ground is actually left then first right out of the train station then right at the end of that road. just over a mile walk id say. So the Devy is a little far away but the best of the lot.

After Devy we will be moving on, probably by taxi (around £3.50) to around the ground. Theres a pub outside the main entrance on the corner which will probably be full of Villa but i have no experience of that pub.

As you come out of the away end and you turn left. Follow that road for 5 mins and there is a big pub on the left. Lots of standing room outside and Mcdonalds next to it.

Another nice pub which is very historic is the Wetmore Whistle. Further and out of the way for travelling villa fans (probably a good 20 minute walk)

I live in the area hence my more than average knowledge for an away day!

As you come out of the away end and you turn left. Follow that road for 5 mins and there is a big pub on the left. Lots of standing room outside and Mcdonalds next to it.

Cheers for that adamrob69. @WMPVillaFC have tweeted that this pub (The Beech) is an away pub, will look at that if nowhere else.

Coopers Tavern is better than the Devonshire and only round the corner from it!

Richard, this place looks quite small from the google streetview, but is that deceptive? How busy do you think it'll get in there....this looks my preferred option...

Well i actually live just round the corner from the Pirelli stadium... There are loads of pubs around Burton & there used to be a "Pub run" many years ago starting at the top of Horninglow road North & then steadily heading down the hill all the way into the town centre... The challenge was that you had to stop & have a pint at every pub (Of which there are many) & if you made it into town still conscious then you were a true man lol!

As for now many pubs have closed down due to the current anti-pub+club culture.

So to the pubs ideal for pre match drinks:... Well the ground is situated on the corner of Derby Rd, Hawkins Lane (which comes from the town centre) & Princess way (Which goes into a large middle class housing estate called "Stretton"). The best pubs are in my opinion either in the town centre, The Lord Burton, The Devonshire, The Coopers Tavern (All drinkers pubs with the Lord Burton being right in the town centre & the other two being right near the train station (exit right & about 50 yards down the road)..

Here is a map LINK: http://tinyurl.com/cbkqlng

Also a decent pub on the Horninglow road called the Navigation inn & a little locals pub on Wetmore road which is probably the closest to the ground though never been in always seems busyish on match days.

Let me know where everyone is going as i would love to come too :).. I have tickets to the game (I'll be the one jumping up & down in the home end if Villa score lol)

Also beware as Burton was actually recently voted the Chav capital of Britain :lol:

I remember when they played Man U in the FA cup a couple of years ago.. their 3 Chavvy hooligans were mouthing off to the Utd lot until in town until the UTD lot turned out to be a crew & all stood up saying "OK who wants some then?" the Chavs were silenced!... You get the idea :lol: Oh & by the way Burton look a bit like Oxford Utd.. Most of their fans are armchair Man U & Liverpool fans.

Also beware as Burton was actually recently voted the Chav capital of Britain :lol:

I remember when they played Man U in the FA cup a couple of years ago.. their 3 Chavvy hooligans were mouthing off to the Utd lot until in town until the UTD lot turned out to be a crew & all stood up saying "OK who wants some then?" the Chavs were silenced!... You get the idea :lol: Oh & by the way Burton look a bit like Oxford Utd.. Most of their fans are armchair Man U & Liverpool fans.

Quality. Very true!

Â