West Brom Derby

KSV

Lol @ Channel 5 doco.

Thanks BLF.... If i can get to London Euston by 8 with the Virgin train and catch a cab to Heathrow ... i can easily make a flight at 10pm ? Im just concerned about getting lost in Euston to try catch the Heathrow Express!

If i try make the 7:30 flight at BHX... i will have no luggage.. i can check in online.. game finishes at 6... i catch a cab from VP to Airport.. still wont make it by 6:30?

Sidenote: If we lose.. i will be in deep depression! Nah im sure i will just enjoy being in the stadium.. enjoying the atmosphere.. and if we lose we lose.. but we wont!

Lol @ Channel 5 doco.

Thanks BLF.... If i can get to London Euston by 8 with the Virgin train and catch a cab to Heathrow ... i can easily make a flight at 10pm ? Im just concerned about getting lost in Euston to try catch the Heathrow Express!

If i try make the 7:30 flight at BHX... i will have no luggage.. i can check in online.. game finishes at 6... i catch a cab from VP to Airport.. still wont make it by 6:30?

Sidenote: If we lose.. i will be in deep depression! Nah im sure i will just enjoy being in the stadium.. enjoying the atmosphere.. and if we lose we lose.. but we wont!

You'll certainly get lost if you try and catch the Heathrow Express from Euston! You've still got to make it to Paddington. Whatever you do, don't get fooled into using the Tube. That journey is nothing short of a nightmare.

Game will finish about 10 to 6, but traffic getting away from the ground would make it extremely tight getting into the terminal etc on time.

The atmosphere in the ground should be decent. The West Brom derby has really picked up over the last couple of seasons and hopefully a decent start to the season will mean the optimism will carry over into a rocking Holte End.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!! I'm sure you'll find something that works well.

Lol @ Channel 5 doco.

I would have thought if you could get to Euston for 8.00 you'd easily get to Heathrow by 9.00, even if you went by tube (Victoria Line to Green Park then Piccadilly Line to Heathrow) although this can take longer, particularly on a Sunday. A cab would get you there in about 30-45 mins but cost you £50ish. You could just get a cab to Paddington, just up the road, assuming you have a return ticket for the Heathrow Express from earlier in the day, which would be the easiest and would definitely get you there before 9.00.

Re the BHX flight, if you check in online I'm sure you'd get away with getting there as late as 6.45 provided you can get through security quickly, your problem will be finding a cab amongst all the other people looking for one as getting there by then will be a bit tight with the traffic at the stadium, the traffic around VP is pretty bad just after the game.

• 1 month later...

Finally sorted this mess out! Purchased my tickets in the Trinity Stand (closer to the Holte End side).. get a nice view and close proximity to the Holte End for atmosphere.

I am arriving 8am in London on gameday.. catching a bus down (nat express) should be there around 1. Am leaving straight away that night catching a bus back to London.. and stay there the night.. early flight back to Larnaca arriving there at 2pm.

SORTED. lol. I hope we win!

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Bit of a scramble to get to New Street for 6.40!

Surely someone on here could help with that.

Aston 18:05 Birmingham New Street 18:12

Aston 18:20 Birmingham New Street 18:28 (Could be a lot closer)

Still, a brisk walk to Aston station could easily get the 18:05 train.

Why would you get the train out of Aston and not Witton? After either the first or second train out of Witton leaves it's always packed, so they cant stop at Aston, and those waiting there have to wait another 5/10 minutes. Seems to a bit odd to walk the extra distance too.

• 5 weeks later...
Â