West Brom Derby

KSV

oh awesome. 3 hours on the bus they reckon on their website. Ive done a trip from Heathrow to Villa Park unfortunately didnt work! haha.. but to birmingham airport i could get there at 2. Maybe just cab it from there or train it to Witton Station.

Im getting closer!

That sounds really good for getting there but I'm still worried about you getting back - do you still need to be back at Heathrow for a 10 pm flight?

Briny.. by page 5 i think weve established im desperate and crazy.

I have found a flight... from birmingham(7:30 probably pushing it from VP if game finishes at 6)to Dusseldorf for 50 euros and dusseldorf to Cyprus(next morning at 7am) for 60 euros.. and it gets me back by midday the next day. Early days of the return.

Chap just checked Virgin trains for that Sunday and they do quick 1 hr 20 minute trains to London Euston so that might help you with a flight from Heathrow.

There's one at 11.30am that will get you in for New Street at 1pm and then after the game there's a train going at 6.40 that will get you in to Euston for 8pm. You can get the tube to Heathrow, takes half hour I think. It's 40 quid anyway.

Hope that helps.

Don't East Midlands do flights to Cyprus...that might be an option and then either taxi it or shuttle bus it to Derby and then get the train from there?

Surely someone on here must be travelling up from London in a car for the game? If I was not on holiday I would have offered to take you to the airport for petrol money, considering the effort you are going to I hope you make it fella

Briny.. by page 5 i think weve established im desperate and crazy.

I have found a flight... from birmingham(7:30 probably pushing it from VP if game finishes at 6)to Dusseldorf for 50 euros and dusseldorf to Cyprus(next morning at 7am) for 60 euros.. and it gets me back by midday the next day. Early days of the return.

If you have no baggage to check in, just check in online, think you can do it 12hours before flight.

Well, DDID. How long did it take to walk from wherever to wherever?

I'm also waiting for the results of the 'brisk walk from platform at St. Pancras to platform at Euston in 360 seconds' challenge!

Surely someone on here must be travelling up from London in a car for the game? If I was not on holiday I would have offered to take you to the airport for petrol money, considering the effort you are going to I hope you make it fella

Well said that man! Having lurked on here for what seems like a very long time now, I have finally signed up (and something of a palaver that was!) because of this thread!

KSV, I live in Ealing, which is really not very far from Heathrow, and have a season ticket and therefore travel up and down for every game. Although I will be travelling up on the Saturday afternoon and therefore not able to pick you up, I would happily meet you at the game and drive you back for the evening flight if that's still on the cards. There's never any traffic on a Sunday at that time so I could confidently say i could get you there between 8.30-9.00pm latest. I always get home at 8.30 on the dot on those late Sunday games.

There's actually quite good options on trains too. Everyone always forgets about the Chiltern line which, although a bit slower, is cheaper and easier to get to than Virgin trains at Euston. They go from Marylebone which is two stops from Paddington which is where the Heathrow Express goes to.

Heathrow Express is every 15 mins and takes 15 mins, there's loads of options on the Chiltern one but the easiest would be 12.33 from Marylebone, change at Banbury at 1.30 for the 1.35 to New Street, gets you in at 2.19pm. If it's late for the change, you can stay on the first train as it's going to Moor Street anyway, a short walk to New Street, and gets there around 2.40pm. Both of these would give you ample time to get to VP. there's also a later one which would get you to Moor Street at about 3.00. Only £24.90 if you buy in advance.

Check out http://tickets.chilternrailways.co.uk/ch/en/JourneyPlanning/MixingDeck

Let me know if that would work and we can meet up.

Well, DDID. How long did it take to walk from wherever to wherever?

I'm also waiting for the results of the 'brisk walk from platform at St. Pancras to platform at Euston in 360 seconds' challenge!

Maybe he's still walking it.

Bit of a scramble to get to New Street for 6.40!

Surely someone on here could help with that.

I would offer to drop into town but I will be working after the game.

Aston 18:05 Birmingham New Street 18:12

Aston 18:20 Birmingham New Street 18:28 (Could be a lot closer)

Still, a brisk walk to Aston station could easily get the 18:05 train.

Edit - With regards to the '360 seconds challenge', I have made Platform 5 Euston to Platform 12 St Pancras in 6 minutes before. It was a rush but couldn't miss that train as it's 1 an hour to Margate.

A real 'Fag behind the ear, First to the doors, Tickets in hand' job.

Â