West Brom Derby

KSV

This game.. thanks to Sky.. never been to a game (or England for that matter) so would love to arrange it on a budget!

has been moved to sunday 30th at 4pm. Is it likely to change again?

In the process of purchasing flights.. problem is i have to be back in Cyprus on the 1st of October. (I really hate Sky!)

I am looking at flights that get to London Heathrow Airport at 11:15...

I believe it takes 3-4 hours to take a train to Witton?

Problem is after the game.. i guess it will finish around 6.. will i have time to get to heathrow for a 10pm flight?

Good thing is.. i will have no luggage to check in.

Any tips or suggestions to get KSV to VP!!

Heathrow is not an attractive proposition, even if you land on time, allow at least one hour to clear immigration

Then I guess you want heathrow express into town then northern line to euston then a virgin upto new street

Bransons trains on Sundays can be hit & miss so check for rail works etc

You are cutting it fine m'friend.

This.

You might make it, but with travel arrangements that tight I think I'd end up worrying about getting to and from the game so much that it would ruin my enjoyment of it.

I'd look at flights to Birmingham if you can and make it a bit more relaxing

As for the fixture. I don't think it's likely to change once they've moved it once for TV.

10pm flight, you need to be in London at 9pm minimum. 3 hours B'ham to London on a Sunday night with commuters heading back to the capital for a week of work isn't going to be nice.

Unless you can get B'ham, I'd consider leaving it.

If we win it in the last minute though, doubt much will ruin your mood.

Problem is after the game.. i guess it will finish around 6.. will i have time to get to heathrow for a 10pm flight?

Is 10 pm the time of the flight or the time by which you need to have checked in/passed security/immigration etc.?

If it's the flight time, there's no chance.

If it's check-in etc. time, it's theoretically possible.

At present I think trains go from Witton to Birmingham every hour on Sundays, at around half past the hour. So if you can get to Witton Station for 6.30, the journey could go like this:

Witton - Bham New Street: 6.30-6.45

New Street - London Euston: 7.10-8.37

Euston Square tube (a short walk from Euston station) - Paddington: 8.50-9.00

Paddington - Heathrow (Heathrow Express): 9.10 - 9.30.

There are so many things that can and probably will go wrong on that journey, in particular that tube link is a disaster area - always late/suspended or often not running at all at the weekends.

It's probably safest just to assume that's not possible! As others have said, flying to Bham airport is better. Even then it's quite a schlep from Bham International to Villa Park.

Hi guys.. thanks for the responses.

Tried Ryanair.. doesnt fly to Birmingham or Nottingham or Manchester from Larnaca or Paphos.

Why that game? well its the only game in Sept where ill be in europe.. im in london on Sept 7-11 but no bloody games that weekend!

Flights are booked.. and i have to be in Cyprus from Oct. I am actually from Australia and rarely get a chance to travel to europe.. so probably my last chance!

Maybe Manchester is my best bet? Problem is not many flights from Cyprus on the Saturday night before ( I really hate SKY!).. so i have to arrive game day and leave that night or maybe earliest flight out Oct 1.

yeah i cant find any flights that get me there in time.. not many flights on a saturday. I was all sorted before they moved the game. Absolutely gutted.

My wife has actually suggested rail. I found a flight from Larnaca to Brussels for 40 Euros through Ryan Air and she suggested to train it from Brussels to Birmingham which arrives 12:30 at Birmingham New on match day.

Better solution?

Just fly to BHX !

There are loads of flights, try Thomson Thomas cook bmi baby

Or even Easyjet to Luton would be better

Train from Brussels ? Seriously wtf !!

I can't find any reasonable flights from larnaca to Birmingham on 29 Sept... Train from Brussels will road 4 hours.. similar to a flight. Much cheaper too.. I'm on a budget CI.. I don't have access to Randys jet lol

Â