Why Lambert will be a Success

smetrov

[

I think Lambert will prove more successful in the Transfer Market than Martin in as much as getting better value for money. The net effect of that will be Lerner having more confidence to release more money. This confidence thing is not exclusive to just the players it effects us all including the owner.

We will be ok with Lambert

The early signs are that you are spot on with this. I like what he is doing. With the signing of Vlaar he will have spent around 9 mill on three players. Two that look like they will walk straight into the first team and one very promising youngster who looks well capable of challenging for a first team place. Certainly in the case of KEA and Lowton the early signs are they look to have excellent attitudes and a desire to succeed.

I was over the moon when we got Lambert and although its obviously very early days I am impressed with how he is going about things. The man has been a success throughout his career and has a burning desire for that to continue. I just don't see him failing with us.

I just wish he had arrived two years ago and inherited what Houllier did had he done so I think things would be very different now.

Trent, I was speaking with some fairly informed people at villa recently and they readily recognised they have made mistakes.

They were reassuringly open of the mistakes being made and there was a clear openness and air of humility when discussing recent seasons.

I am confident many of our senior managers at B6 have learnt some lessons and will be all the more equiped for the future.

I only wish some of the humility expressed to me, could be conveyed to the masses a bit more ..... I think they would come to realise how stronger the whole Villa thing would become.

They were reassuringly open of the mistakes being made and there was a clear openness and air of humility when discussing recent seasons.

I think it would be almost impossible for them not to realise them or admit them.

I am confident many of our senior managers at B6 have learnt some lessons and will be all the more equiped for the future.

Well we seemingly only have two, Faulkner and Lerner. Perhaps they have learned, perhaps they haven't we will have to wait and see, personally I'm rather more sceptical to be honest.

I only wish some of the humility expressed to me, could be conveyed to the masses a bit more ..... I think they would come to realise how stronger the whole Villa thing would become.

Which is why I personally think they've learned all that much.

So many mistakes have been made in the last 3 years and even if they are now aware of them and trying to put them right the one thing they just cannot do is communicate.

The fans have been boosted by the arrival of Lambert and the fresh belief in the club but I think there are still many like myself who retain rather large question marks about those more senior within the club.

I just wish he had arrived two years ago and inherited what Houllier did had he done so I think things would be very different now.

Very much this. The last two years have been hell and we have lost too many games before walking out onto the pitch due to the attitude of the last two managers.

It would have been great to have seen what Lambert could do with a team containing Ash, Downing, Petrov, Ireland, Freidel a defence that had come off a season of being the 4th best and still knew how to defend and a Gabby that hadn't had all the confidence drained out of him. Then on top of that had 30 mill to spend in the January transfer window. One things for sure we wouldn't have spent 5 months of 2010/11 in and around the relegation places serving up gutless tripe and the hell we had to endure last season when we should have gone down.

We are were we are though and I am just thankful Lerner/Faulnker got this one spot on.

The early signs are very good. Lambert is already showing he is a very shrewd operator in the transfer market and Lerners money will go further than it ever has with him spending it.

It is now time to look forward I guess and put the last two years firmly behind us and again start looking forward to a bright future.

Bringing in the right man after MON was a massive thing for us and we failed in spectacular fashion.

If we'd got in a decent manager 2 years ago and given them the money houllier and Mcleish spent, and maybe a piece of the money wasted on compensation to houllier, blues and Mcleish I think we'd still be up there.

We've got it right now, I just hope it continues.

I actually think Houllier would have turned out to be a good choice in the end if his heart problems didn't re-surface.

I just thank god we didn't have to find out.

So you're thankful that he almost died again?

How pleasant.

I actually think Houllier would have turned out to be a good choice in the end if his heart problems didn't re-surface.

How pleasant.

Predictable.

How pleasant.

Predictable.

How else did you expect your comment to come off? That was the main reason why we never got to find out how he would have performed in his second season.

Houllier was out at Villa long before his illness that decision had been made.

I still can't believe the 6 and half months (5 months in and around the relegation zone), 28 league games and 33 points and serving up gutless tripe under that pratt cost us the best part of 5 mill.

Anyway back to Lambert as TRO said its good to see us all again united as one behind a manger.

How do you know? The noises coming from Villa were that he would get a second season. Even after his heart problems returned it was uncertain whether or not he was going to carry on.

It was only uncertain because that lying bastard wanted his compensation.

I'm sure GED would have got a 2nd season if he'd remained fit and we had the same finish - 9th

It's one of those we'll never know how that second season would have gone

How do you know? The noises coming from Villa were that he would get a second season. Even after his heart problems returned it was uncertain whether or not he was going to carry on.

It was only uncertain because that lying bastard wanted his compensation.

Ah the final piss take. Disrespect this great club, play down our standing with in the game, disrespect our great fans, serve up gutless tripe and surrender games before they had even kicked off and at the finish hold out for a nice big pay off. Regardless of his illness he had shown time and time again he was now completely out of touch with the game and didn't have a **** clue what he was doing. It said it all about the man that he made out he could still do a job just so he could drain the club of a few more quid.

If we didn't have two of our better players of the last 10 years playing for a move at the arse-end of Houllier's reign we could have well ended up in the same place we did under McLeish. Houllier was no better and his comments throughout the season were nothing short of a disgrace, it was also no surprise that McAllister was in charge when we had a run of games that saw us safe. With the benefit of hindsight, the only reason I'd have kept him on would be so that we didn't have to put up with our next manager. Two years in Villa's history that could do with not being spoken of again.

If we didn't have two of our better players of the last 10 years playing for a move at the arse-end of Houllier's reign we could have well ended up in the same place we did under McLeish. Houllier was no better and his comments throughout the season were nothing short of a disgrace, it was also no surprise that McAllister was in charge when we had a run of games that saw us safe. With the benefit of hindsight, the only reason I'd have kept him on would be so that we didn't have to put up with our next manager. Two years in Villa's history that could do with not being spoken of again.
No better than McLeish? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. I honestly don't care how low people rate him, but to put him (or anyone) on the same level as McLeish is just absurd and wrong.

Â