Why Lambert will be a Success

smetrov

I think we should partner up with the Fire. By all accounts it sounds as though everybody had a right good time in Chicago. what would such a partnership mean though for both sides do you recon?

I think he will be a success if given the chance. I DO think we will have a very hard start to the season though. His tactics are exactly what is needed (and I love watching it) but it is going to be very hard to get these players up to speed quickly. Right now we would be torn apart by a top half PL team.

That said, I desperately want him to keep on the track he is on. These tactics are great to watch and brave to try. Even though I expect us to struggle a bit as we adjust if he stays on this track PL will succeed, not just because Villa fans will once again be proud of how our team plays (slick passing possession football) but because long term it can win things. He style is very modern. It will win. I just hope we all give it and him a bit of time as he develops it and the team.

I think we should partner up with the Fire. By all accounts it sounds as though everybody had a right good time in Chicago. what would such a partnership mean though for both sides do you recon?

Maybe they'd take Hutton off us

We still don't have a natural leader / captain in the squad

I hope lambert has fathomed this by now and is poised to do something now they're back off holiday

We still don't have a natural leader / captain in the squad

I hope lambert has fathomed this by now and is poised to do something now they're back off holiday

Bullshit.

You don't know the players any better than the rest of us so I seriously doubt that you have any kind of concept of who is and isn't a leader in the dressing room.

Have you not got bored of this yet?

I like Lambert. He was my choice, I think he is a superb manager and will do really well for us.

However, in fairness he is starting from a pretty low base. Last season was pretty horrendous for us, certainly one of the worst I can remember when you take it all into account. So it is hard not to improve on that

For me the trick will be year two and three

From outside of world AVFC for anyone who even cares, the only view on lambert is he is a PL unknown

Year 2 at Norwich was the acid test but he won't be taking that

As pointed out he's taking us on from ground zero up so very hard to **** up year 1

From outside of world AVFC for anyone who even cares, the only view on lambert is he is a PL unknown

Year 2 at Norwich was the acid test but he won't be taking that

As pointed out he's taking us on from ground zero up so very hard to **** up year 1

The same could be said about Brendan Rodgers, who's record isnt half as impressive as Lamberts.

I totally agree

I think Rodgers will do well to last a season

Especially with king Kenny hovering around the training ground like a rancid wet fart

I think he'll do well there. Liverpools problem in recent years has been performances against the weaker teams. He will make sure they are tough to beat & his possession style of football should be effective against the weaker teams in the league, that being said I think he needs to strengthen the back 4 and I also read a nice article on the decline of Pepe Reina in recent seasons.

We can all write reams of text at times and I could do so on Lambert.

but some times is pure gut feel that tells you something is bloody right with this guy.

I have seen managers come and go over too many seasons to remember and you do start to get a good feeling of who is right and who is wrong.

I was very Pro O'Neill until as time unfolded my enthusiasm waned and I really didn't think it would end like it did from the start, but when I seen the overall quality of recruit for the money, I knew it would end in tears.

I don't envisage any Harewood or routledge or could I say Heskey or Davies type signings from Lambert, hey ho we will have to see.

My feelings are we have a Prudent guy in charge who is more rounded and complete than O'Neill, not saying more intelligent, more in tune with the wider aspects of the game.

I have seen managers come and go over too many seasons to remember and you do start to get a good feeling of who is right and who is wrong.

Like you and many others on this site I have seen more managers come and go over the years than I care to remember and you do get a feel if someone feels right for our club.

Just as I felt Graham Tyalor back in 87 was the man to lift us from the doldrums I also had a feeling that Houllier and McLeish were completely the wrong choice.

Lambert to me just feels like the right man at the right time. The perfect fit for us. He will certainly need a decent level of backing but with it I can see good things over the next few years with him in charge.

Like you and many others on this site I have seen more managers come and go over the years than I care to remember and you do get a feel if someone feels right for our club.

Just as I felt Graham Tyalor back in 87 was the man to lift us from the doldrums I also had a feeling that Houllier and McLeish were completely the wrong choice.

Lambert to me just feels like the right man at the right time. The perfect fit for us. He will certainly need a decent level of backing but with it I can see good things over the next few years with him in charge.

Mark, I know we have a difference of opinion on O'Neill and to get my point over at times I fail to express my appreciation to him for the pride he inevitably give back to us fans for some of the results he acheived.... I didn't like his style of play and was dubious of his signings overall however he did make a few decnt ones.

I think Lambert will prove more successful in the Transfer Market than Martin in as much as getting better value for money. The net effect of that will be Lerner having more confidence to release more money. This confidence thing is not exclusive to just the players it effects us all including the owner.

We will be ok with Lambert

Â