Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Time will tell on this one. He could be a master stroke signing, or someone who goes the way of Michael Boulding and never cuts it at the top level. Sometimes you have to gamble on these type of signings from the lower leagues, and a few on here have moaned over the years that we haven't tried this route too often. Good luck Matthew I hope you turn out to be a star for us.

Seems a lot of Sheffield United fans are not convinced he is good enough for us and that there are better options available. Just because we look like we are signing him (for peanuts too by the sounds), doesn't mean he will be our first choice right back next season. I thought the consensus was were signing 2 full backs anyway, so maybe Clyne is still an option.

Maybe but it sounds like Clyne has been messing us about, or at least his agents have and Lambert I wouldn't imagine is one to be trifled with - rumours now that Man Utd & Everton are courting him as well.

Sounds like he's not heading to West Ham from what Palace Chairman tweeted earlier.

Scouting out young talent from the lower leagues

What a refreshing change

Isn't it?

Slight risk.

He might take time to settle in the prem. He may not even be up to it.

But this is the way you move a club forwards, not spending big fees on average players.

My boss is a blades fan. He says he has similar attributes to Walker, ok defensively and good going forward. I asked him if he thought he'd make it in the Premier League and he said he think he has the talent to do it but needs to bulk up a bit.

Course if Hutton leaves would be nice to have both Lowton & Clyne, but I think Lichaj needs to be given a chance as well because he did well last season both at LB & RB.

From that Blades forum:

Just a thought, but Villas new manager Paul Lambert took Kyle Naughton to Norwich on a season long loan

Now bearing in mind Spurs have just released Naughton (£5m signing, has the world gone mad?) I would've thought Naughton would be the more logical choice

Have Spurs released Naughton? They're notorious for holding onto players until either their contracts expire or they recoup the fee they paid. Naughton still has resale value (£2-£3m I'd guess) so why would they release him for nothing?

He's not been released. I think that as a mix up with what PB said on Blades Mad.

They're asking for 6 million for him.

Â