Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Sheff have a good record with RB's and Culverhouse should be able to know a good one when he see's it..

but at 23 I feel he would have been snapped up already if he was going to make it. It may be a surprise and he may be very good but I'd much rather get Clyne sorted or pay a little bit extra for Naughton.

However, In Lambert we trust.

Feck me another 'in Lambert we trust.'

Why do we place our trust in a manager who has just come from Norwich?

Give him at least a season folks to see how he performs before we know whether he's the real McCoy or not. :?

Taking Norwich from League One to missing out on goal difference on a top half finish in the Premiership in 3 years is enough for me. ILWT

Yep, good enough for me too.

Mate is a Sheffield Utd season ticket holder and says he's brilliant. No problem adapting to the Premier League he reckons.

yep thats the gist of what my friends have been telling me..

i saw a fair few Sheff Wed games last year and the standard of football is cack...

but every now and again a player will stand out and even though they are playing a shit team there attributes still shine through as head and shoulders above the rest and you can imagine them in a better league..

Semedo and Rhodes are two of those for me...

and my Utd mates tell me Howton is in the same bracket....

good pace, can take on a player, gets forward and very disciplined defensively...

he's scored 10 goals as a right back in the last 2 seasons...

nothing to lose on this one

The Sheff Utd fans are seemingly mixed with regards to their opinions of him, nothing really negative but quite a few doubting his ability to cut it in the prem.

that's understandable though and probably natural...

they would have doubted Naughton aswell who they compare him to....

not Walker though as he simply just oozed class....

coming from League 1 there will always be a doubt if they can make the step up...

if this was our marquee signing this summer then i can understand peoples frustrations...

but he is gonna be one of many...

not gonna celebrate and not gonna cry..thats my stance on it

Do you think we won't be able to shift Hutton then KSV? Do you think no one will want him because of his poor displays? And anyone that would want him wouldn't be able to meet his wage demands? So he'll just ride out his contract? Because I worry about that.

yeah mate. Depends on the individual whether they really want to play or just collect their wages and let their careers go by.

he could have done that at Spurs though

Anyone that prevents Hutton getting in the squad is a good signing for me.

Yeah I'm quite taken with Paul Lambert too :P

We have to build a squad, we need players for many positions as the squad we were left with was not good enough at all. Much like 4 or 5 years ago when we had a squad that finished 16th

Seems a lot of Sheffield United fans are not convinced he is good enough for us and that there are better options available. Just because we look like we are signing him (for peanuts too by the sounds), doesn't mean he will be our first choice right back next season. I thought the consensus was were signing 2 full backs anyway, so maybe Clyne is still an option.

Has signed. Expect announcement around lunchtime.

Well done Lambert for not standing being messed about and getting a RB sorted. Can play CB as well apparently.

Â