Travel

Depends how you want to do it. Premier Travel are looking at doing a coach trip getting there on the morning of the game and leaving late at night (time for a few beers) which will be reasonably cheap. Flights seem to have got too expensive now.

If we can't get flights, we're getting coach from Town - London, London - Brussels & Brussels to Bremen, then staying till late night Monday and doing return journey. Costing about £115 which is pretty decent, plus Hostel stays costing about £20.

• 4 weeks later...
Flights booked, Manchester to Hamburg, then a 1 Hour train journey, Hamburg to Bremen. Out Friday back Sunday with Easyjet.

Out of interest how much did you pay? I found flights for £177 per person but after adding up the additional transport from Hamburg to Bremen (not cheap on the train!) and a hotel I decided it wasn't worth it.

Ryanair don't do Manchester to Hamburg as far as I can see?

my mistake it was manchester to frankfurt and a train from frankfurt but the price of flights has now sho up

has anbody considered driving?

I'll be driving :D . Just got my tickets in the bus today, really excited to finally see the boys for the 1st time this season. Prepare for the Belgian Villans! :lol:

Could be a fun day out this one, just saw on the Brmen site it's their fanday as well, so I assume it will be sold out with hopefully some atmosphere.

Here's what they write:

There are not even six days left and there are still lots of season preparation highlights to come for Werder Bremen! The Day of Fans 2012 happens this Saturday 11 August 2012 with a special program. For the first time in history, a test match will take place on the Green-Whites' home grounds following the colourful fun at Weser Stadium. The autograph hour will take place between 3 and 4 p.m. on the grounds in front of the East Curve. Afterwards, the players will line up for the big test match against Aston Villa.

In addition to all the players, fans can also get autographs from the coaching staff as well as for the first time the honorary captains - with the Werder team spread out over the grounds. At 4 p.m. the team will be presented on stage - two hours before the Green-Whites will play against English club Aston Villa.

The supporters will also have the opportunity to win one of 1,000 autograph sets with original signatures. The only condition is to provide name and address on a postcard at one of the information booths, the ticket centre, in front of Fan World or at the stage of the grounds. With a bit of luck, the 1,000 lucky participants will receive by mail by the end of August a set.

The SV Werder coaching staff will also sign autographs this Saturday. The updated schedule in overview:

Stage at Parking Lot 2:

1 p.m.: Greeting and music

1:30 p.m.: Manager talk

1:50 p.m.: Program from Radio Bremen

2 p.m.: "Afterburner" live

2:15 p.m.: Program from Radio Bremen

3-4 p.m.: Autograph hour with some players, coaching staff and honorary captains

3:30 p.m.: Fashion and Dance show at FAN WELT

4 p.m.: Presentation of team with interviews

Following: Program from Radio Bremen

Weser Stadium:

4 p.m.: Entry into stadium for audience of game Werder Bremen - Aston Villa

6 p.m.: Kick-off Werder Bremen - Aston Villa

7:45 p.m.: End of Day of Fans 2012

From werder.de

Â