Confirmed: Culverhouse and Karsa join villa from Norwich

abc123cox

You know I presume, that McNally was at Celtic with Lambert, then CEO at Fulham under AlFahid, yeah, he's new to this CEO lark!

Yet he is making a cock of himself by Dave Whelan measures.

Why haven't the press picked up on your bogus compensation claims?

I suspect because nobody outside of Norwich or the suburbs of Birmingham gives a t*ss whether some nominal amount of compensation was paid for Culverhouse and Karsa. In fact most of us don;t really. I think we got something but its not likely to be a huge amount in the grand scheme of things. Compensation for managers and coaches doesn;t tend to be much anyway.

As for the other comments re McNally/Hughton - McNally is a very good CEO and has turned our club around in a manner that very few would have been able to do. There may, or may not, have been a c**k up over allowing lambert permission to talk to you but we will probably never know. In terms of Hughton only a few mavericks would try and argue we have definitely got a better manager in Hughton. Lambert was an outstanding manager for us (although latter part of last season there were a few mistakes IMHO) and Hughton has a tough act to follow. However, he comes across well and many are hopeful that he will turn out to be as good as lambert. We are also enjoying the fact he is more media friendly and actually answers questions. As for predictions of our impending relegation we will have to wait and see. At the moment, however, i don't think either squad has improved markedly from the last game of the season where we beat you with relative ease so if so many are sure we will struggle then it may also be a long, hard season for yourselves.

Lamb was there this week. If he's gone it's news to me.
Sorry, yes, I was basing my speculation on the fact that his name seems to have disappeared from the club web site. But having looked at the training video again, I spotted him putting the lads through their paces. Will be interesting to see if he stays or if Lambert brings in his own man - these coaches do seem to follow a particular managers round in flocks.

For the record, I think Hughton is a good manager and I dont think Norwich will be relegated next season although I think will have a harder time of it than they did last season.

I also think McNally's done a great job at Norwich but has been a bit of a cock in this instance. It happens.

It's unfair to compare the resources Lambert had the last couple of seasons to what he has now.

It doesn't mean he's going to go out and buy a load of superstars but he has more elbow room to get the kind of squad he really wants.

That was a major part of why he moved, no doubt.

...As for the other comments re McNally/Hughton - McNally is a very good CEO and has turned our club around in a manner that very few would have been able to do. There may, or may not, have been a c**k up over allowing lambert permission to talk to you but we will probably never know. In terms of Hughton only a few mavericks would try and argue we have definitely got a better manager in Hughton. Lambert was an outstanding manager for us (although latter part of last season there were a few mistakes IMHO) and Hughton has a tough act to follow. However, he comes across well and many are hopeful that he will turn out to be as good as lambert. We are also enjoying the fact he is more media friendly and actually answers questions. As for predictions of our impending relegation we will have to wait and see. At the moment, however, i don't think either squad has improved markedly from the last game of the season where we beat you with relative ease so if so many are sure we will struggle then it may also be a long, hard season for yourselves.
I agree completely with all of that.

It's impossible to keep a manager/player if they want to go. Faced with that situation, all you can do is try and get the best deal possible, in terms of money and time to get a replacement.

Maybe McNally messed up one part of it, maybe he's a bit of a tube, maybe not, but Norwich was in a mess, and now they're not. They replaced one good manager with another without too much fuss.

Neither squad as they stand is going to set the world alight, but both clubs should put out teams who have a go, play with togetherness and endeavour and with some tweaking of the squads ought to be comfortable survivors.

Beyond that, it's down to luck (injuries etc.) and how well whatever the money available is spent.

Personally my opinion of Norwich and the fans hasn't changed one iota as a result of all this. I like both the Club and the fans. Not fashionable, but attractive and a contrast as someone said previously with the likes of Chelsea and Spurs and Man Utd and so on. Well run, down to earth, passionate. Nice ground, nice City, nice people - from the board, the players and to the fans.

Hughton managed Zigic, Wiz, you should be the one pooping your pants, not us ! Would love to see him sign for you, just to shut you up for maybe all of 5 minutes

Hughton also managed Marlon King at the Sty. Marlon King is a rapist.

As the LAmbert, Culverhouse Karsa thing is all done can those yokels now feck off and worry about their own club and leave us to worry about ours?

I don't get this hate to other fans. Their perspectives make the board much more fun and it increases our knowledge. Blurting out pejoratives seems pretty lowly if you ask me. Why not be more welcoming of other fans?

As the LAmbert, Culverhouse Karsa thing is all done can those yokels now feck off and worry about their own club and leave us to worry about ours?

I don't get this hate to other fans. Their perspectives make the board much more fun and it increases our knowledge. Blurting out pejoratives seems pretty lowly if you ask me. Why not be more welcoming of other fans?

why? These annoy me ok?

why? These annoy me ok?

Wiz and Smithy are OK by me. Some good banter with them over the last few weeks, it helps to brighten up the board. We only turn on each other if we don't get fresh faces in here now and again.

Glaston is the only foreigner on here that pisses me off. I can tolerate his preaching and his PR, but grassing up people who signed up on COYS is unforgivable.

why? These annoy me ok?

With respect, who has the problem in this scenario? You're annoyed with others and your response is to tell them to gtfo and throw insults their way? Doesn't make any sense to me.

I think this page has run its course now!

While it's open there is still going to be Norwich fans on here giving their 2 pence worth and then some irate villa fans having a go back!

It’s over now!!!! We have Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa and all is good at the Villa!

Lock the page mods...let’s all move on – BRING ON THE NEW SEASON!!

PAUL LAMBERTS CLARET N BLUE ARMY!! UTV

Lambert signed Vaughan.....be afraid Villa, be very afraid!

The budget was a lot less at Norwich Wiz,Lambert could only look at certain players but at Villa he can not only spend more but attract a different level of player,lets be honest here if any player had a choice out of Villa or Norwich he would choose Villa every time,just like Lambert did.

Â