General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like we are signing a lot of players very quickly.

Um, no, it doesn't! We've signed one player who was on a pre-contract agreed under McLeish and two more scouted by Lambert. Need a few more in before your statement stands true.

Here's hoping we have good news next week.

Um, no, it doesn't! We've signed one player who was on a pre-contract agreed under McLeish and two more scouted by Lambert. Need a few more in before your statement stands true.

No, we really are.

Would like to know your definition of quick.

According to the mirror Chelsea have rejected a bid for Bertrand from us. Would have been a great addition.

Not familiar with him, but just because they have rejected an initial bid, doesn't mean it's the end of the road

Di Matteo is going to tie him up to a new deal according to the article.

He's the lad who played in the cl final on the left wing. Org he wants games he will ask for a transfer. Behind Cole he will play cup games.. if he's happy to sit in the bench with a new improved contract.. I don't think he's the hungry player Lambert would want.

Um, no, it doesn't! We've signed one player who was on a pre-contract agreed under McLeish and two more scouted by Lambert.

No, we really are.

Would like to know your definition of quick.

My quibble was really with the definition of "a lot", not "quickly".

As I think should have been obvious to anyone reading what I said e.g. "Need a few more in before your statement stands true."

As I think should have been obvious to anyone reading what I said e.g. "Need a few more in before your statement stands true."

Right, and his statement didn't read, "We've signed a lot of players", it read, "Seems like we are signing a lot of players very quickly", which is true since the window has only been open for a week and we've already got three new players. So therefore his "statement stands true."