General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah keep them coming Julie, although I'm on Twitter anyway and see a load of the rumours there I always check what's been posted on here a well, I don't actually believe half of it but I certainly wouldn't want to see it stopped, I suppose the moaners have to have something to moan about.

You don't mind moaning - it's a Villa fan's forum after all - but some of it borders on personal abuse & nastiness.

Why??!!! Keyboard warriors looking to score points?............

VT used to be full of people posting titbits of what they'd heard.. Lots of fans hear things from B6, mates who have connections at other clubs..

The point is... some who do have good information are now put off and don't post any info on VT - preferring just not to say anything or get in touch with other fans & their mates privately or via tweety thing - because of the abuse they get if what they say isn't signed sealed delivered within a few days/weeks ....

You're then accused of fabricating stuff in the first place??!!..Erm Why would you do that?!!!!

It's mad... We all know football is dominated by money and agents, why should transfer of players be any different?

Hat's off to Lambert for signing players so far who are not your typical MON proven PL player - erm...who've aptly "proven" they couldn't

care less TBH - just going through the motions for each pay day as we've seen last couple of seasons.

I actually think it's quite exciting if no one can work out who the next signing will be.

It is still is full of people posting titbits of what they've heard only so far nobody has heard anything about the players we are actually signing, which kind of suggests that they either aren't hearing anything or what they are hearing is from the wrong people.

There has been no abuse Julie, just people doubting or putting into question what you've posted.

Anyway... back on topic shall we.

Park Ji-Sung to QPR. Gutted we've missed the chance to become the biggest club in Korea.

I think you'd easily make the transfer fee and wages back!

A good signing for them both in terms of the player and the commercial aspect of it but I'd personally rather we stayed away from players past their best we've enough of those on our books already.

Luuk de Jong costs between 12 & 17 million. Not worth it.

If Newcastle are interested then that's good enough for me.

This. We also still have Bent in the team. He needs a quality striker to play alongside him. Any of Hoilett, Sturridge or De Jong would be fantastic. We are a big club like Newcastle who have 2 quality forwards. Not a massive club like Man Utd, Man City (financially), Arsenal or Chelsea who can all afford 3 or 4 quality forward. Relying on Bent alone is not good for our club.

I do not have faith in Agbonlahor getting anything more than 5 goals next season.

Luuk de Jong costs between 12 & 17 million. Not worth it.

If Newcastle are interested then that's good enough for me.

me too...

however i'm impressed that they have actually backed out because they think he is over priced....

a few years ago they would have probably paid 10mill more than he's worth...

De Jong is signing for Mongladenbach anyway now