General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Balde and Luuk de Jong are the only two I've heard but I didn't take the de Jong link particularly seriously. He's a tad out of our league right now.

I think if the plan is to sign a striker as a marquee signing then maybe we want to spend in other areas deemed more important before we do that.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and this is just my own thoughts, a shot in the dark, I think we'll buy four reasonably priced additions to the squad plus a marquee signing. And the Marquee signing will be a striker.

Balde and Luuk de Jong are the only two IYes, and this is just my own thoughts, a shot in the dark, I think we'll buy four reasonably priced additions to the squad plus a marquee signing. And the Marquee signing will be a striker.

Agreed, I sill feel there may even be a possibility of it being a winger though, although we've got Holman I guess.

However if I do get told we're after one or two........ I'll be keeping Mum, because if they ain't signed, sealed & delivered people moan too much.

Or...just perhaps....you've been sold a dud and you aren't as ITK as you think.

look, ffs, she hears something she deems reliable and she passes it on. sometimes its right, sometimes its wrong. this transfer chat is nothing but idle gossip. i dont care whether julie makes it up randomly or actually has someone in the know who tells her the odd thing, it matters not one **** to me, because i enjoy reading it

if shes right, great, if shes not, well at least it gets a bit of discussion going and entertains us for a while

sounds to me like you, for some reason, resent the minor attention that she gets

Agree 100%

Saved me typing, cheers :D

The last few pages are surreal

Are people really consulting Richard on how many ins & outs there are likely to be :-)

And JulieB you really need to be less defensive

However if I do get told we're after one or two........ I'll be keeping Mum, because if they ain't signed, sealed & delivered people moan too much.

Or...just perhaps....you've been sold a dud and you aren't as ITK as you think.

look, ffs, she hears something she deems reliable and she passes it on. sometimes its right, sometimes its wrong. this transfer chat is nothing but idle gossip. i dont care whether julie makes it up randomly or actually has someone in the know who tells her the odd thing, it matters not one **** to me, because i enjoy reading it

if shes right, great, if shes not, well at least it gets a bit of discussion going and entertains us for a while

sounds to me like you, for some reason, resent the minor attention that she gets

Well said.

I enjoy the daily update, Julie. Thanks.

There are a some that have managed to drive away the likes of the Trees, MM and Gazton and will not be satisfied until any vestiges of inside information, be it from twitter, gossip or their own sources are gone.

I cannot see what satisfaction those people gain from doing this but it makes me think twice about what sort of people post on here.

Ramis, right age and pedigree. Be a step in the right direction and replace the "stoppers" we currently have with a ball playing CB.

So we still need a LB (or RB) depending on where Lowton will play, a CB, a CM and a striker.

Answers on a postcard please. My money is on...

OUT - Hutton (QPR - Just a hunch), Warnock, Makoun, Dunne, Delfouneso.

IN - Ramis, Clyne, Brahimi (or Snodgrass) and, with the marquee signing in mind, Sturridge or De Jong.

Julie B,I have said it before keep posting your info/tweets/opinions on here it is what the forum is about,if people want to mock/disbelieve what you post so be it that is their problem.

However the majority enjoy reading the likes of your posts,the trees.MM & Gazton on here including myself.

Sometimes transfers change course and circumstances mean that other players have to be considered better options when talks actually start taking place and the picture becomes clearer in particular when the agents become more involved in talks,people need to understand that.

Julie B,I have said it before keep posting your info/tweets/opinions on here it is what the forum is about,if people want to mock/disbelieve what you post so be it that is their problem.

However the majority enjoy reading the likes of your posts,the trees.MM & Gazton on here including myself.

Sometimes transfers change course and circumstances mean that other players have to be considered better options when talks actually start taking place and the picture becomes clearer in particular when the agents become more involved in talks,people need to understand that.

This ^^

Jules, keep em coming. The work you do allows me to get all the gossip, which is what this thread is about, without having to trawl the internet.

Thanks

Yeah keep them coming Julie, although I'm on Twitter anyway and see a load of the rumours there I always check what's been posted on here a well, I don't actually believe half of it but I certainly wouldn't want to see it stopped, I suppose the moaners have to have something to moan about.

Hollet linked to QPR, wouldn't mind him here

QPR surviving the drop was a potential disaster for clubs like ours. They have plenty of cash and can attract players on the basis of being a London club. I agree we should try to get Hoillet, but QPR can offer him more money and London. :(

Would be a good signing for us but if QPR are in for him it pushes the stakes up & I am sure other clubs will come in at the last minute also,hopefully one could be us but I doubt it.

Would be a good signing for us but if QPR are in for him it pushes the stakes up & I am sure other clubs will come in at the last minute also,hopefully one could be us but I doubt it.

Does it really though? Taking off my claret and blue tinted glasses, I know where I'd go.

not heard or seen anything of Ramis before but it looks like he can hit a freekick judging by the Youtube vids of him

im really looking forward to hopefully having a real blend of talent next season....

a dash of experienced british players + a pinch of foreign flair + a dollop of young hungy try hards = a comfortable top half finish

Have wanted Hoilett at our club now for the past two seasons. Would be a fantastic signing, much better than Johnson and would give us more options going forward.

It would probably mean the end for N'Zogbia but if we could recoup most of his fee then i say do it Lambert.

It is however very unlikely that he would come to us now with bigger clubs wanting to sign him. Could end up at Arsenal if Van Persie leaves?