Top Posters In This Topic

-----------Given---------------

Lowton-Vlaar-Clark-Bennett

---------Westwood------------

------KEA-------Delph--------

----------Dempsey---------------

------Bent--Benteke

even better

Whilst I do not believe clint dempsey will be heading to B6 today, I can't for one minute believe he will be a fulham player come midnight.

Martin Jol strikes me as a no nonsense sort of guy and I believe Dempsey has well and truly burnt his bridges.

With that in mind (if my opinion is correct ofcourse) I think plop are being quite clever, they know fulham want to sell and theyknow the player wants to join. It may very well go to the wire but I expect the deal to go through.

-----------Given---------------

Lowton-Vlaar-Clark-Bennett

---------Westwood------------

------KEA-------Delph--------

----------Dempsey---------------

------Bent--Benteke

even better

Dempsey? That boat's sailed hasn't it?

I think were just 2 senior players away fro, if we could have just added a winger and DM things would look up for us, parker and gouffran would top it up for us, hope we can do some decent loan deals, dnt give a shit if its for 1 year only, we really need it this year

I think were just 2 senior players away frm being a decent side, if we could have just added a winger and DM things would look up for us, parker and gouffran would top it up for us, hope we can do some decent loan deals, dnt give a shit if its for 1 year only, we really need it this year

Both Westwood and Benteke undergoing medicals

CHRISTIAN Benteke and Ashley Westwood are currently under going medicals as Villa attempt to complete a beat-the-deadline double swoop.

Compare Hotel Prices Nearby

Benteke has jetted in from Belgium and is now in the West Midlands after the claret and blues agreed a fee for the striker with Genk.

And Westwood has travelled down from Crewe in an attempt to finalise his move from the League One club before this evening’s 11pm deadline.

Villa still have to complete the paperwork for the duo, but are optimistic both deals will go through ahead of the late night cut-off point.

If the deals go through the signings of Benteke and Westwood are likely to signal an end of Villa's transfer business for the summer window.

They have already recruited Brett Holman, Karim El Ahmadi, Matthew Lowton, Ron Vlaar, Joe Bennett and Jordan Bowery as well as re-signing Brad Guzan on a new deal.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/08/31/aston-villa-christian-benteke-and-ashley-westwood-under-going-medicals-97319-31739837/#ixzz259JiXzWq

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

Villa working hard to push these two deals - Benteke and Westwood - over the line and that is likely to complete their deadline day business

That's pretty much that then. At this time of night I think we would have had a sniff at something else if anymore signings were likely.