General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Well, one big positive, and although there are not many to chose from these days, this is our first summer in three years where we have not flogged off one or more of our best players (touch wood).

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we'll get Benteke now, can't say I know much about him, hopefully a good move although I must say I'm a little sceptical based on what our Belgian based Villa friends have to say about him.

I think we'll get Parker too, which would be exactly what we need in the middle. Get Dawson and I'll be very happy.

Throw in Benayoun (or another creative midfielder/winger of some sort) as well and I'll be very very happy.

Hey let's sign Heskey, heard that chap has a lot of Premier League experience. Titus Bramble would also add a lot of experience to our team as well but let's not stop there, we should convince Stephen Carr to join us as well. But to make sure we are challenging for the title we should sign Andy Johnson who would really bring experience to the team.

o if it is

Benteke £8.5M

Bennett £3M

Lowton £3M

Vlaar £3.5M

Bowery £200,000

Westwood £2M

KEA £2.5M

Holman Free

Collins -£2.5M

That is net £20.2M

May also be another to add to that.

(edit forgot KEA)

o if it is

Benteke £8.5M

Bennett £3M

Lowton £3M

Vlaar £3.5M

Bowery £200,000

Westwood £2M

KEA £2.5M

Holman Free

Collins -£2.5M

That is net £20.2M

(edit forgot KEA)

we still lack quality though, and the midfield is truely appauling

There was some serious booing at half time of our first home game.

Anyone think the signing of Bennet, Betenke and Westwood are going to make all those fans happy after Swansea teach us a lesson?

I don't know, will you be there ?

Season ticket holder for over 10 years and plenty of away games so don't throw that shit out.

I cheer as loud as anyone when i'm at the game, i go as crazy as anyone when we score. Expressing my frustrations on an internet message board has no effect on how i support the team.

I'm actually quite excited about the prospect of some of the players we've signed this summer but after an abysmal 2 games we are signing 2 players that could improve us and i just don't think thats enough.

Is Bentenke currently better than Weimann or a fit gabby?

Is Bennett much better than lichaj?

Delph was rated higher than any of the players we've signed from lower leagu and he's struggled at this level, even before his injuries.

Have sky forgot about us? Hardly mentioning us.
What do you expect? It's Sky. If a London or northern club were signing a £10m striker they'd never stop going on about it.

You should listen to talksport for 10 mins ive never heard such bollocks

They are so far up spurs arse its untrue

They actually have a camp outside the Spurs training ground with the bloke who used to be in Blue Anthony Costa

All they talk about is spurs and get the viewers to take the piss out of Arsenal and Wenger especially today with Arsenal not signing anybody

8 players for £20 mil net, is peanuts by today's standards.

I'm hopeful that we'll tie up all the strong links that we've had this evening. Benteke (Double Bent(eke) for Villa) and Westwood still to be confirmed.

As I just posted in a PM, I'm actually encouraged by the lack of 'known' signings. I don't think that our signings from the lower leagues will instantly take the league by storm, and I expect us to struggle this season. However, I am encouraged by the fact that Lambert seems to be buying players that he feels that he will be able to work with and fit in with his philosophy and not buying players purely on reputation and experience. It shows that he has huge confidence in his approach and that will rub off on his players.

The way he spoke about Jordan Bowery earlier was interesting, on the face of things it Bowery appears to be 'one for the future', Lambert insists that he's happy for him to go straight into the first team if needed and make an impact.

So in short, obviously there is the potential for failure, but there is also potential for these guys to provide HUGE value for money. Based on his signings at Norwich, Lambert has an eye for a player that he can work with and get the best out of.

Well, one big positive, and although there are not many to chose from these days, this is our first summer in three years where we have not flogged off one or more of our best players (touch wood).

I'm very sorry to say that the crown jewels have already been sold off. What's left nobody wants or in Bent's case, no-one would give us our valuation due to Bent's lack of hold up play or the teams who would have the finance have got better on their books already. A very sad indiment of our present squad.

Gael Kakuta to Vitesse on loan.

Wilfried Bony on season long loan to us then :D

(Sell Fonz and loan Weimann) or are we happy with "just" Benteke?

Is he an out and out striker or can he play out wide?

We could really use a winger considering how shit Nzogbia has been

o if it is

Benteke £8.5M

Bennett £3M

Lowton £3M

Vlaar £3.5M

Bowery £200,000

Westwood £2M

KEA £2.5M

Holman Free

Collins -£2.5M

That is net £20.2M

(edit forgot KEA)

I was under the impression Lowton was nearer 2m and Bennett 2.5m. Not that it matters

Looks like we've almost spent the money Randy decieed not to reinvest from the Downing/Young sales!

Now if only he'd spent some on 'first teamers' to replace them

SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS SIGN DJURICIC (SC Heereveen) PLS

Thanks.