General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're playing a very very dangerous game, expecting league 1 and 2 players to come in and improve us. And also for foreign players to settle in instantly, when we all know from past experience, this does not happen.

Very dangerous game.

A lot of Newcastles didn't when they came back in the premier league, did okay.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

#AVFC aborted interest in #CAFC Dale Stephens this am as Charlton were asking too much. Now Crewe's midfielder Ashley Westwood coming

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

6m James Nursey James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

#AVFC waiting for formal OK from Genk to then snap up striker Christian Benteke. Compromise after offered 7mill & Genk asked for 15m

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

7m James Nursey James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

@MirrorFootball #AVFC closing in on Christian Benteke signing. Ditched move for #CAFC Stephens to go for #Crewe Westwood who's better vfm

Ashley Westwood? FFS. We need experience.
What we need is the manager to bring in the players he wants

But because a manager wants a player, it doesn't make them good enough.

Hutton - McLeish.

Makoun - Houllier

Beye - MON

We're playing a very very dangerous game, expecting league 1 and 2 players to come in and improve us. And also for foreign players to settle in instantly, when we all know from past experience, this does not happen.

Very dangerous game.

I don't think the likes of Bowery and Westwood (if we sign him) are meant to just slot straight into the team. I agree we do need a bit more experience but the buys from abroad look to be the best ones so far this summer. Whether the likes of El-Ahmadi and Vlaar will settle in is the least of my worries at the moment.

We're buying back up players when the first team is the weakest in years. Easily relegation material. No width, no strength through middle, average "young" players, poor defence, one decent striker but no service.

I agree with signing good young players, but our first team is about the 16th best team in the league. Any injuries will destroy us.

One of the worst teams in the league last year.

Bottom of the league now.

Started the season worse than any other team.

When compared to the rest of the league we've had one of the worst transfer windows.

Happy days.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go lie down. Embarrassed for you.

Ashley Westwood? FFS. We need experience.
What we need is the manager to bring in the players he wants

But because a manager wants a player, it doesn't make them good enough.

Hutton - McLeish.

Makoun - Houllier

Beye - MON

Very dangerous game.

I don't think the likes of Bowery and Westwood (if we sign him) are meant to just slot straight into the team. I agree we do need a bit more experience but the buys from abroad look to be the best ones so far this summer. Whether the likes of El-Ahmadi and Vlaar will settle in is the least of my worries at the moment.

We desperatly need players to slot straight into the team though. Our midfield and defence are diabolical.

I think Vlaar looks very shaky indeed

I for one am excited about seeing hopefully Benteke and these youngsters. If Lambert feels these are the players he wants he'll get the benefit of the doubt from me.

Scott Parker and everything is OK.

I can see the reason behind Lambert's signings but I agree with a lot of the scepticism.

We weren't good enough last year and when teams around & below our level are signing players like Gazton Ramirez, Dimitar Berbatov and Andy Carroll then I can't help but fear for the future of AVFC.