General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Wilfried #Bony is furious with #Vitesse after they blocked his proposed move to #AVFC. Villa wanted one-year loan with option to buy.

I think we will consolidate ourselves in league this season then look to kick on.PF has done alot of work increasing turnover however Genting etc won't pay the money to sponsor some also rans in the league.To keep improving turnover then need success on the pitch.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSN reporting that only London clubs are doing transfer business today

Are you posting for effect Morkery? :lol:

Is the rest of the country "closed" :lol:

Ha yeah, makes me sick, thought Sky would give up on spurs now 'arry is gone

I don't know who these superstars we used to sign supposedly are.

Ashley Young? From Watford and was a promising player but not the finished article and certainly not high profile.

Stewart Downing? People were mixed about it, a divisive signing but not THAT high profile.

James Milner? Turned him into a **** machine but again just seemed like a good signing at the time, not that high profile either.

So.. who was it?

Wilfried #Bony is furious with #Vitesse after they blocked his proposed move to #AVFC. Villa wanted one-year loan with option to buy.

I think we will consolidate ourselves in league this season then look to kick on.PF has done alot of work increasing turnover however Genting etc won't pay the money to sponsor some also rans in the league.To keep improving turnover then need success on the pitch.

Evidence, proof? I suggest you're talking nonsense with Genting? :?

And what has this to do with the transfer thread? Lambert has been here two months, in that time, we have sold one player, released two and sent one out on loan. How exactly has Lambert improved the turnover? More twatter nonsense?

Mat Kendrick‏@MatKendrick

Paul Lambert on Jordan Bowery: "He's very good, he's one for the future, but I've got no worries about throwing him in whatsoever." #avfc

Paul Lambert says there is no update on the Christian Benteke situation, while the "ball is in Charlton's court" regarding Dale Stephens

James Nursey‏@JamesNursey

Lambert confirms #AVFC close to signing Chesterfield striker Jordan Bowery & bid in for Charlton's Dale Stephens. Benteke talks on-going

Please be true, what a great name!

If we do not bring in decent players we will finish where we deserve to finish in the bottom 3

All the clubs who you would expect to finish at the foot of the table have strengthened we appear to be standing still im sorry you can't afford to do that in one of the toughest leagues in the world

Ashley Young? From Watford and was a promising player but not the finished article and certainly not high profile.

Stewart Downing? People were mixed about it, a divisive signing but not THAT high profile.

James Milner? Turned him into a **** machine but again just seemed like a good signing at the time, not that high profile either.

So.. who was it?

John Carew, Martin Laursen, Wilfred Bouma, Milan Baros (although turned out to be shit, was an exciting signing) Paul Merson, Dion Dublin etc..

And the 3 you mentioned are on a different planet to Stephens and Bowry.

hes unreal!! fark! definately dead?

So.. who was it?

John Carew, Martin Laursen, Wilfred Bouma, Milan Baros (although turned out to be shit, was an exciting signing) Paul Merson, Dion Dublin etc..

And the 3 you mentioned are on a different planet to Stephens and Bowry.

Selected short memory there Lexicon :lol: It isn't THAT long ago we were talking about Juninho, Saunders, Townsend, Bent etc. The players we are currently looking at might turn out to be great but we are generaly worried about the CURRENT quality required I guess.

So.. who was it?

Bent?

Collymore?

Dean Saunders?

Nowadays, we pray for an Nzonzi or an Adam. We used to crave a whole different sort of player. I don't know whether it's been done on purpose, but the club have been brilliant about getting the expectations lowered. Anything better than finishing in the bottom three is fantastic at the moment. No wonder Gazton's done a bit of a Strauss and retired from football!! We could really do with a boost today.

I have stated exactly this on a few occasions. It's a point which has gone largely unnoticed here and should be debate more.!