General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Hes a better player than the fonz,weimann and gabby ^

Do not agree on Gabby. Looking at strike for Bordeaux and Villa, respectively, Gabby bangs one in every .248 matches, while Chamakh scored on an average of every .247 matches, making Gabby just slightly better. Even more so if you consider the PL a superior league to Ligue 1. But that is irrelevant, Chamakh is shite and we will not sign him.

since when did gabby average 4 goals a game?

Yeah. Think we have a decimal point error or two.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes a better player than the fonz,weimann and gabby ^

Do not agree on Gabby. Looking at strike for Bordeaux and Villa, respectively, Gabby bangs one in every .248 matches, while Chamakh scored on an average of every .247 matches, making Gabby just slightly better. Even more so if you consider the PL a superior league to Ligue 1. But that is irrelevant, Chamakh is shite and we will not sign him.

since when did gabby average 4 goals a game?

Damnit, I wrote that wrong. Smartarse :winkold:

Gabby = 1 in every 4.018

Chamakh = 1 in every 4.035

Everton are offering trials to Mirallas and Niang

Why are we not offering trials for these kind of players lets see what they can do at least we dont have to sign them just see what they are like will cost 6 mill each apparently Mirallas was linked with Arsenal and Niang was linked with spurs

because they have 15 million to spend and we dont..

Everton are going to reinvest the money they received from selling a good player?

What are those idiots thinking?

I was certainly full of optimism a month or two back, but the distrust of Lerner is still there. We're still in the 'at least its not..' (you know who!) which is worrying as that doesn't mean Lambert can work wonders. We're very short of quality in important areas and Lerner has to put this right with backing. If we're stuck with the same players on 1/9 i will be very very unhappy. But, i will stay quiet for now and believe there is still time to add players.

Why are we not offering trials for these kind of players lets see what they can do at least we dont have to sign them just see what they are like will cost 6 mill each apparently Mirallas was linked with Arsenal and Niang was linked with spurs

Everton are going to reinvest the money they received from selling a good player?

Most everton fans on the forums are saying its robbery.

I understand the fact we should wait until the window is closed, but I can see why people are being negative. The comments of Faulkner when Lambert was hired seem to be plain lies, which is vastly disappointing to say the least.

IMO, a LB, DM and ST/attacking player are a must, if they aren't brought in, 1 injury could be enough to see us facing a tough battle.

Most everton fans on the forums are saying its robbery.

They'd know.

Because I'm talking about the investment provided and the ambition shown and how it wasn't acceptable under Doug but is more than acceptable under Lerner.

And once again, the money in the game the same now as it was then?

It makes a massive difference.

Isn't the money now a lot more?

Haven't the tv deals gone up? Sponsorship increased?

Makes it even worse.

Going on what that tweet, that is apparently from Paul Faulkener said, why would they choose to issue that statement now? You have to look at the timing of these things. Surely it's just trying to get supporters used to the idea that there isn't going to be much activity.

Also, I'm definitely not anti-Lerner, certainly not as a person but the squad really does need major investment and the statements issued over the summer seemed to indicate that they realised this.

Why not get the squad to a level it needs to be at and then try and run the club on an in/out basis, doing it from our current position is just going to mean we remain a lower-mid table side for some time to come.

Anyway, there are a few weeks of the window to go so much can change, I just can't see the point in releasing that comment unless it's gently get the fans used to the idea of what's to come.

That's exacally where I am.

He can also run off the ball, into space and dangerous areas which most of our team cannot.

Irrelevant as he has gone to sociadad, where he excelled last season.

Just saying this is the type of player I feel we should be going for

Can you tell us all then what our transfer budget is as it would be nice to know.

Because I'm talking about the investment provided and the ambition shown and how it wasn't acceptable under Doug but is more than acceptable under Lerner.

And once again, the money in the game the same now as it was then?

It makes a massive difference.

Isn't the money now a lot more?

Haven't the tv deals gone up? Sponsorship increased?

Makes it even worse.

And owners like Man City's don't inflate the market?

Again get over it, Randy is not going to sell he doesn't have loads of money tough shit.

Regardless who is he going to sell too, these massive rich owners just waiting around to buy?

Brilliant, you keep dragging up excuses to have a pop, its desperate obviously and a little pathetic.