General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we cant be signing players from league 1 ffs. wont mind if hes not the only right back being approached, but matt lowton is not the answer for our problems

Being from Sheffield ive got a lot of mates who are Sheff Utd season ticket holders...

ive text them all today asking what they think of Lowton...

some comments are....

"Lowtons a real player mate, can easily make the step up"

"I really hope we dont sell him but if the offer is too good to refuse then we'll have to"

"He's a solid right back who gets forward and creates things and can even score goals!"

"the best thing about him is that he can defend really well aswell, proper disciplined"

"he probably won't be as good as Walker but definately better than Naughton"

these guys watch him week in week out and have seen 2 very good right backs leave them already....

sounds very promising

Very reassuring that SU fans can't spell "definitely" either.

Signing a player is like waiting for a bus it seems. You wait for ages and then all of a sudden you get two come along at once. Still think we are due one out but we may now have one in before, all about timing.

What happened to all your inside info ?

Those big claims got a lot of people excited.

What have I said that has been wrong so far? Or what have I said here that is different to what I have said earlier in the summer?

NOTHING!

I never even hinted that you had

I said what's happened to your inside info ?

Eg: was all the hope of spending big foolish in light of all these links to cheap/lesser known names ?

Patience. It is a marathon not a sprint.

I have no reason at all to doubt that what I have been led to believe is anything other than true. It has been spot on so far about everything else.

I think Lowton, Clyne etc are all a smokescreen when in fact Miguel is finally on his way......

surprised this link hasnt actually made the papers yet, its an annual tradition

Signing a player is like waiting for a bus it seems. You wait for ages and then all of a sudden you get two come along at once. Still think we are due one out but we may now have one in before, all about timing.

What happened to all your inside info ?

Those big claims got a lot of people excited.

What have I said that has been wrong so far? Or what have I said here that is different to what I have said earlier in the summer?

NOTHING!

I never even hinted that you had

I said what's happened to your inside info ?

Eg: was all the hope of spending big foolish in light of all these links to cheap/lesser known names ?

Patience. It is a marathon not a sprint.

I have no reason at all to doubt that what I have been led to believe is anything other than true. It has been spot on so far about everything else.

I wouldnt rise to it Richard. Some people spend their life complaining that there is no news, but then grab hold of any titbit of information and take it as gospel!

Speculation, ITK, twitter, whatever, it tends to brighten up those dull days so keep it coming and ignore those who have nothing better to do than compain.

Whats the point in coming on the speculation thread and complaining about speculation........go figure!!! :shock:

Yeah and McLeish could tell that having seen him in what, 2 training sessions and a DVD of his one or two games for us?

Bradley is a good player, would be an improvement on Herd imo.

It took Essien 6 months to adjust to the premier league, with constant performances. Our fans constantly ask for more foreign signings. Yet are given less than 6 months and a handful of appearances to be outstanding. i.e. Makoun and Bradley. Two good players who have had a handful of chances and a few months in a struggling team and got lambasted by sections of the support only 9 months earlier lambasting O'Neill for not making enough foreign/cheap quality players.

I think alot comes down to the popularity of the manager too. Sometimes I think if Houllier had signed Cabaye some fans would have written him off before he even got on the pitch despite his undoubted quality. Similarly had Lambert signed Makoun or Bradley they would have been built up on here by some.

Have just noticed Michael Bradley has signed for AS Roma today. Seems to have done alright since we decided he wasn't good enough for us.

Bradley is a good player and had a fantastic season for Chievo. Add it to the list of McLeish's cockups.

So unbelievably unfair

Are people going to moan if I mention that the Chairman of Palace has tweeted about Clyne tonight?

PLEASE LOOK AWAY NOW IF IT OFFENDS!

J@JackAnderton1

@CEO4TAG Clyne going West ham?

Steve Parish ‏@CEO4TAG

@JackAnderton1 Hi Jack, lots of rumours but no contact between the clubs , I'm a reliable source

Steve Parish ‏@CEO4TAG

@WHUFC_News @JackAnderton1 Your club can speak to the player direct and even sign him at which point the fee would be decided by a tribunal

Steve Parish ‏@CEO4TAG

@WHUFC_News @JackAnderton1 But they arn't

I was told last night Villa as far as they are concerned have a verbal agreement with Clyne to sign him

- if he signs for Spam or anyone else then it will be down to his agents procuring something different.