Speculation: Yacine Brahimi (Rennes)

Eric

We've already got a selfish winger in N'Zog and I rather we played him and our youth products Albrighton and Carruthers than bring in another. Not to mention Holman can do a job out wide too, so I'd say we're pretty covered in that area.

We've already got a selfish winger in N'Zog and I rather we played him and our youth products Albrighton and Carruthers than bring in another. Not to mention Holman can do a job out wide too, so I'd say we're pretty covered in that area.
For me it is slightly different. I'd rather we backed the manager to do as he wants with the playing squad as he is the expert. If he thinks this chap offers us something that we do not have at the club, is better than what we have (and to be honest that would not be hard) then fair enough for me

I'm completely with Richard on this. Whilst the idealist will always want a team full of academy graduates, the very fact we have a new manager suggests what we've been doing in the first team hasn't been working to an extent.

If Lambert comes in and guts the place then it's because he believes some or most of the current lot aren't up to it. For too long we as fans have wanted managers to do things our way and play the players we hold up to lofty standards.

It's possible (and I say that tongue in cheek) that this guy knows more than we do. I want to sit back and watch PL do his thing safe in the knowledge that this guy actually knows what he's doing. It's a great feeling to have trust in a manager.

We're not used to it at Villa so it'll be a tough transition for a lot of fans.

If this signing actually took place it would be a good sign as far as Nzogbia and Makoun are concerned. Having other players on the team that can speak to each other in French would only help all three settle in at B6.

It might well be that the reason that Makoun was out on loan last year was simply that coaches weren't able to communicate well enough with him, in addition to the fact that some of their communications would have been clueless anyway oh and of course we needed help paying Makoun's wages ..

I'm completely with Richard on this. Whilst the idealist will always want a team full of academy graduates, the very fact we have a new manager suggests what we've been doing in the first team hasn't been working to an extent.

If Lambert comes in and guts the place then it's because he believes some or most of the current lot aren't up to it. For too long we as fans have wanted managers to do things our way and play the players we hold up to lofty standards.

It's possible (and I say that tongue in cheek) that this guy knows more than we do. I want to sit back and watch PL do his thing safe in the knowledge that this guy actually knows what he's doing. It's a great feeling to have trust in a manager.

Well quite. And just to add (and I realise this is going a bit off topic but it adds to the point), it is like Daren Bent. I love the guy , have wanted him at this club for ages. I think he is the best striker we have had for at least 20 years, but if Lambert thinks otherwise and he can get us performing better without Bent and using other players / styles, then that for me is absolutely fair enough

good post mate :thumb:

For the life of me I cannot fathom why a selection of people on here can't get their heads around having a squad that consists of multiple players that can play in a certain position.

Adding this guy to what we have would be fantastic - and something we haven't had for a while.

Well quite. And just to add (and I realise this is going a bit off topic but it adds to the point), it is like Daren Bent. I love the guy , have wanted him at this club for ages. I think he is the best striker we have had for at least 20 years, but if Lambert thinks otherwise and he can get us performing better without Bent and using other players / styles, then that for me is absolutely fair enough
two great posts

If this signing actually took place it would be a good sign as far as Nzogbia and Makoun are concerned. Having other players on the team that can speak to each other in French would only help all three settle in at B6.

It might well be that the reason that Makoun was out on loan last year was simply that coaches weren't able to communicate well enough with him, in addition to the fact that some of their communications would have been clueless anyway oh and of course we needed help paying Makoun's wages ..

It could also help N'Zogbia as he likes playing on the right wing and not the left. Brahimi judging by youtube was played on the left wing a lot so not only does Brahimi speak French so N'Zogbia will have a friend, but N'Zogbia may get to finally play where he wants.

The issue last season is McLeish had his own way Gabby on the wing, N'Zogbia on the left when he wanted to be on the right, Ireland on the wing at times when he wanted to be in the middle.. It's not hard to keep players happy and provided they put in a shift where they want to be played then it works.. Managers need to listen to their players as much as they listen to their staff, McLeish didn't listen to the players.

Just to think back to when the opposition got a corner they would leave at least 3/4 players back to counter the Ashley young counter attack.... methinks with Brahimi, we could do that again!

Always loved to see them backing off Young as we countered, just for that I'd bring Brahimi in!

Also

Cheap (Loan and 2.5million 1st option fee)

Young (22)

Quick

Skillful

Can get better

Should easily settle with Jean II and N'zogbia who speak french

So If the gaffer wants him... I'd say stick with it, there's no point questioning his signings now is the time for blind faith and supporting the club we want love every decision! :D

I wonder if having 4 French speaking players in the squad could improve our chances of signing him.
added to Gabby who is multi lingual - Brummie and fluent Gibberish :)

Haha.

Should sign this guy up! £2.5million aint bad even if he ends up being rubbish.

Â