Speculation: Yacine Brahimi (Rennes)

Eric

Rennes midfielder Yacine Brahimi has admitted he is ready to quit the club after Aston Villa reportedly made a move for his services.

The talented 22-year-old is a playmaker or winger, originally schooled at Clairefontaine before going through the youth system at Paris St Germain and Rennes.

Brahimi, who made his first-team debut for Rennes in 2009, has played for France at every age group from Under-16 to Under-21 - although he could yet switch his international allegiance to Algeria.

Club wise Brahimi has admitted he is ready to leave Rennes after starting just six league games last season, despite being regarded very highly.

"They do not count on me at Rennes," he told RMC.

"With the style of play there are times where I don't play - our relationship is broken now and I have reached the point of no return."

Borussia Monchengladbach and Sochaux have both been strongly linked, but French sources claim that Paul Lambert is keen to snap him up and has made an offer to loan the player for a season with a view to a permanent deal next summer.

clicky

Has any of you seen him play? If you have, whats your opinon of him?

I honestly have never seen Brahimi play but a quick look at his stats tell us he's been capped at every level for the French except the full squad yet he's still only 22 years old. In his two seasons and 68 games playing in Ligue 1 he's scored 14 goals which is a good return for midfield.

At 2.5million this could be a steal.

I honestly have never seen Brahimi play but a quick look at his stats tell us he's been capped at every level for the French except the full squad yet he's still only 22 years old. In his two seasons and 68 games playing in Ligue 1 he's scored 14 goals which is a good return for midfield.

At 2.5million this could be a steal.

Where are those stats from? They're well off. He's played 39 games (19 as a sub) in Ligue 1 since returning from second-tier Clermont Foot three years ago, scoring 6 and creating 4. Add in domestic/international cup games for the last two seasons and it's 54 games, 9 goals and 5 assists.

Where is the quote from? Credible source?

Sky Sports webpage

Some say he's a short black pacey winger/front man, and that he has a striking resemblance to an English pacey winger/front man that left Villa last season.....

All we know is...... he's NOT Ashley Young,

But he is Ashley's French equivilent.

could signal the end of albrightons first team opportunties which he only has himself to blame as he was rubbish last year

Tbh I don't think it would end his opportunities!

we would have:

N'zogbia

Brahimi

Albrighton

Holman (Also a CM)

Carruthers

Youth

Grealish (Also a AM)

Graham

Would be a good depth to that area!

could signal the end of albrightons first team opportunties which he only has himself to blame as he was rubbish last year

Everyone was rubbish last year. Let's clear the whole lot out.

We need another winger, just so players like Albrighton know that they have to improve to get a place in the side. When he had the likes of Downing and Young in the side, he knew he had to be at the top of his game, last season he knew even if he played shit. Lambert for me will use the squad.

Â