Number of ST Sold

deasy92

I've had 4 calls in the last 2 weeks asking me when i'll be renewing. Yet my 3 mates i used to go with have only had 1 each

They're certainly being persistent with me. I'm sitting back and waiting for Randy to show he means business though after the last 2 miserable as sin seasons. As i told them numerous times

I'd be interested to understand your definition of 'means business'

No problem, my definition would be trying to make us compete with the top 6 again. Which would require spending most of the 66m (Barry (12m) Milner (18m) Downing (20m) Young (16m) give or take plus all the extra fringe player sales) back into the playing staff

What's your definition of 'means business' out of interest ?

It's not me that used that term TBF. My expectations are really quite limited and revolve around us being competitive and playing some decent football rather than the absolute amount of money spent.

The £66m you have quoted ignores all the dogs we signed like Davies for £10m who we sold for £2.5m or Harewood (£4m), Sidwell (£4m), NRC (£8m) and the fact we paid £32m in the first place for three of the four players you mention.

I would not have renewed my two season tickets had McLeish remained manager but I did two days after he was sacked having taken a leap of faith that the club could not make the same mistake twice. I think the appointment of PL was inspired and I have high hopes.

I really do think your expectations are a little high so perhaps you may not be gracing VP any time soon.

I've had 4 calls in the last 2 weeks asking me when i'll be renewing. Yet my 3 mates i used to go with have only had 1 each

They're certainly being persistent with me. I'm sitting back and waiting for Randy to show he means business though after the last 2 miserable as sin seasons. As i told them numerous times

I'd be interested to understand your definition of 'means business'

No problem, my definition would be trying to make us compete with the top 6 again. Which would require spending most of the 66m (Barry (12m) Milner (18m) Downing (20m) Young (16m) give or take plus all the extra fringe player sales) back into the playing staff

What's your definition of 'means business' out of interest ?

Whats Villas net spend since Lerner took over?

But whatever the answer, its pretty irrelevant... The amount spent does not guarantee top 6.

Lerner has already made it clear to this manager, and every manager, he will be supported.

Does Lambo need to spend £66 million on 3 or 4 players for you to renew? Cause that ain't gunna happen...

I really can't get over some of the quotes on this forum. Lerner is the best thing that has happened to this club in the 20 odd years I've supported them. To say he doesn't mean business is very very foolish.

Apparently we have sold 27500 with sales up 30% on last years total.

Where has this dubious info come from ?

I find it highly unlikely we've sold anywhere near 27k. Under O'Neill we barely got that and that was with spending and euphoria around the club

I reckon someone's been told we're 30% up on same time last year and put 2+2 together and come up with this speculative figure

I'd imagine we're still around 22k

I have heard that we're 30% up on the final sales of last season which should put us on around 27,500.

If you don't like the info, then by all means call the ticket office yourself and provide us with what they say.

I'm pretty sure that we are no where near 27k.

Don't we cap at the amount of season tickets we can sell at 28k? So we can of course have away fans in and home fans can buy tickets who can't get a season ticket.

If we were anywhere near this number the marketing department would be wanking about it and stating that all season tickets were nearly sold.

Lerner is the best thing that has happened to this club in the 20 odd years I've supported them. To say he doesn't mean business is very very foolish.

and in the 6 years he's been here, we've not progressed one jot on the field where it matters

is that a fact or an opinion ?

statatitions let me know

I have heard that we're 30% up on the final sales of last season which should put us on around 27,500.

If you don't like the info, then by all means call the ticket office yourself and provide us with what they say.

and who have you 'heard' that from ?

ring the ticket office, you may be surprised to find out they wouldn't dream of telling you how many have been sold

Why would they cap it at 28k? Surely they would want to fill VP every week? More Season Ticket holders the more seats are taken. Didn't we have people on the first page who were able to work it out?

I saw an article about Man City the other day, and how it had reached its cap for season ticket numbers. I calculated it at 80% of the ground's capacity. I believe the rule is premier league rule. I reckon our cap would be around 33/34,000.

Lerner is the best thing that has happened to this club in the 20 odd years I've supported them. To say he doesn't mean business is very very foolish.

and in the 6 years he's been here, we've not progressed one jot on the field where it matters

is that a fact or an opinion ?

statatitions let me know

Lerner the best thing to happen to this club in 20 years? i think the right honourable Ulver has got it right. We have gone nowhere under him.

In the Hospitality Suites for the season around 20 percent up from last season what I heard last Wed night at the 82 opening night .

I just hope Giselle's fella has renewed. I have no idea what his name is but I know the woman he comes with is called Giselle and she is mighty fine. If anyone on here is who I am talking about then may I just say well played Sir :thumb:

28k seems very low for a cap considering teams like Naarich have 22k Season tickets sold in a 27k seater stadium? I would have thought our cap might have been 30+ maybe 31/32k

Another example is Spurs have a cap of 23.5 k with a capacity of 36k. However they also have a waiting list of 30k so not all clubs are like Norwich and sell out all their seats to season ticket holders.

28k was an estimate based on the Evening Mail article I've linked.

Yea I think it would be 30+ for sure

We need Deasy (the creator of this thread) to come back as I think Deasy worked it out, by somehow finding out how many ST's were sold in each stand of the stadium and then adding them up. Not sure how to do it though

We need Deasy (the creator of this thread) to come back as I think Deasy worked it out, by somehow finding out how many ST's were sold in each stand of the stadium and then adding them up. Not sure how to do it though

This question also goes out to the post above yours, but care to explain why you believe the cap would be at the levels you suggest? Especially when an article indicates our cap was about 26,000 just a few seasons ago

This question also goes out to the post above yours, but care to explain why you believe the cap would be at the levels you suggest? Especially when an article indicates our cap was about 26,000 just a few seasons ago

Yep 3 years ago we had 26000+ season ticket holders and there was a cap in place for certain stands that was reached. I don't know that that means our cap was 26000 becuase you could probably buy Holte End tickets, etc but those were our published numbers.

Â