Number of ST Sold

deasy92

I haven't renewed yet — which must be the first time in 30 years or so!

Lambert is a good signing — his team finished on the same points as Swansea with arguably poorer resrouces. But it's the owners that worry me. Will they support some proper investment in the squad. I keep seeing these comments about signing yougn players (cheap) and relying on our youth team (even cheaper). Does this mean the same as last season!

I can't face another season of struggle and relegation fight — nothing I've seen so far really makes me feal optimistic. We'll sigh international players who will take 12 months to settle!

I know what you mean.

But if we don't have the money there isn't much that can be done about that.

The reason I am hopeful is that Lambert is such a strong personality - he will push messrs Faulkner and Lerner out of the decision making process. Very similar to what Graham Taylor did in 1987.

I don't see us signing Adam Johnson or players of that Ilk. Lambert (IMO) will mould a collection of average ability players - into an above average team ...........its our best hope !

• 2 weeks later...

These figures make good reading adn hopefully they will creep above the 25k mark. A few more seasons like this with hopefully steady growth and RL will have to actually start developing the north stand like he said

I've had 4 calls in the last 2 weeks asking me when i'll be renewing. Yet my 3 mates i used to go with have only had 1 each

They're certainly being persistent with me. I'm sitting back and waiting for Randy to show he means business though after the last 2 miserable as sin seasons. As i told them numerous times

I've had 4 calls in the last 2 weeks asking me when i'll be renewing. Yet my 3 mates i used to go with have only had 1 each

They're certainly being persistent with me. I'm sitting back and waiting for Randy to show he means business though after the last 2 miserable as sin seasons. As i told them numerous times

I'd be interested to understand your definition of 'means business'

Apparently we have sold 27500 with sales up 30% on last years total.

Where has this dubious info come from ?

I find it highly unlikely we've sold anywhere near 27k. Under O'Neill we barely got that and that was with spending and euphoria around the club

I reckon someone's been told we're 30% up on same time last year and put 2+2 together and come up with this speculative figure

I'd imagine we're still around 22k

No problem, my definition would be trying to make us compete with the top 6 again. Which would require spending most of the 66m (Barry (12m) Milner (18m) Downing (20m) Young (16m) give or take plus all the extra fringe player sales) back into the playing staff

What's your definition of 'means business' out of interest ?

No problem, my definition would be trying to make us compete with the top 6 again. Which would require spending most of the 66m (Barry (12m) Milner (18m) Downing (20m) Young (16m) give or take plus all the extra fringe player sales) back into the playing staff

I think there's a fair chance you might never step back inside Villa Park then if that is what you're waiting for...

I think there's a fair chance you might never step back inside Villa Park then if that is what you're waiting for...

So the new definition of 'means business' is getting us back into the financial hole we've spent the last 18 months trying to climb out of.

Â