Euro 2012 Team of the Tournament

legov

No mention of Xavi? I guess we just all expect it of him by now, consistently brilliant. Best player at the tournament.

Wasn't even the best player in the Spain team IMO. Iniesta was far better .

Agreed.

Iniesta should be in everyone's team of the tournament, imo. Absolute class in every game.

Player of the tournament by a distance imo.

For me:

Casillas

Debuchy     Ramos      Bonucci      Alba

Pirlo

Xavi    Iniesta

Özil                             Ronaldo

Mandžukić

But I'm still not sure. Honourable mentions for lots of players, including Buffon, Piqué, Hummels, Coentrão, Xabi Alonso, Khedira, Balotelli, Ibrahimovic. Can we say they're my subs? Yes? Good.

I thought Xavi dominated the final. But I think we're talking fine margins when talking about Xavi & Iniesta. Pirlo found out it's no fun playing against 6 midfielders. As for candidates up front, I think Samaras had a brilliant tournament. Sounds weird but it's true!

As for candidates up front, I think Samaras had a brilliant tournament. Sounds weird but it's true!

Brazilian Villa fan in my job thinks he be a great signing for us :D

though Doyle was much better than Robbie Keane, had Corluka ll over the place until was bizarrely took off. would also have Rooney ahead of Postiga as i believe his re-introduction unbalanced England team

Gerrard is fair enough. He wouldn't be in my first XI of the tournament, but he was still excellent.

Johnson I'm not so sure. But apart from Debuchy, there weren't any real standout right backs

Â