Spain: Greatest National Team of Any Era?

maqroll

Is This Spanish Side the Greatest of All Time?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is This Spanish Side the Greatest of All Time?

• Yes
    • No

I had heard of Xavi but he wasn't really talked about like he is now and he must have been about 26 or something. I just saw him as an average squad player.

Really? The guy has been in the Barcelona team since he was a teenager, he has been a full Spanish international for more than ten years. He has always been seen as the Spanish Paul Scholes as far as I am aware.

and shows the quality that Xavi was showing even as a youngster. Of course Barcelona have been getting more press recently as they have been winning so much but I am reading your comments as you think the world only noticed Xavi was world class on the same day that you did.

Maybe in Spain but certainly in England no-one used to rave about Xavi until Guardiola came.

How long has La Liga been on Sky Sports? Can't be more than 5 years? Maybe that's why? Increased coverage of Real and Barca on British TV?

its such a shame. as good as italy were against the germans, the germans are a better side and i honestly think they under-estimated the italians hence the italy win. i really think the germans would have beaten spain but for me i still think the team of brazil in the 90s was the best in my lifetime

Maybe in Spain but certainly in England no-one used to rave about Xavi until Guardiola came.

No-one? Could you kindly not put your ignorance into the mouths of others.

Now seems as good a time as any to bring out the Daily Mail's infamous 2009 headline again which never stops being funny...

Whoops

No-one? Could you kindly not put your ignorance into the mouths of others.

Now seems as good a time as any to bring out the Daily Mail's infamous 2009 headline again which never stops being funny...

Whoops

Do you recon it was Matt Lawton who did the headline or an anonymous sub editor? That would piss you off if someone gave such an infamously shit headline to your story :P

Â