Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Well the passing argument has been put to bed, it's a non issue. His assists 'mean nothing' apparently, except erm... goals and points, 'meh all he did was pass it two yards...' Well if Holman trips over the ball and as he falls accidentally knocks it to the feet of a team mate to score and we keep picking up points it's good with me. But that would be an unfair reflection of a hard working player with the ability to create IMO.   

Well the passing argument has been put to bed, it's a non issue. .   

Has it?

It might be a non-issue for you, it's a very very big issue for me.

As I said, it's one of the attributes I look for most in a central midfielder, attacking or otherwise, which is where you're advocating he plays.

As said in the Liverpool thread... I think he should definitely get a start against Liverpool. He can force them to make errors.

Agree with this, im not his biggest fan but pl's tactics against rodgers have always been about stifling their style and holman fits that description.

He's the opposite of Bannan or Ireland, he has very little technical ability but has been effective with goals and assists.

1 goal and 3 assists, sick!

:D How many do Barry and Stephen have?

and, concerning Bannan, make the comparison of minutes played.

I dislike all three as footballers, I didn't write it as a compliment to any of them.

As said in the Liverpool thread... I think he should definitely get a start against Liverpool. He can force them to make errors.

I agree, he'll press and close down as well as provide a creative presence, and if he can bag another assist job done. 

He would do well just behind the striker in a 4-5-1 formation.

He doesn't suit a 4-3-3, as he isn't defensive at all (despite his work rate) and - as somebody else pointed out - his runs leave gaps.

Â