Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I follow Feyenoord. He has been excellent since returning. It does highlight the huge gulf between the two leagues that he looks such an accomplished technical player in that league yet so lacking in that department with us.

Playing with better players around him helps as well.

I follow Feyenoord. He has been excellent since returning. It does highlight the huge gulf between the two leagues that he looks such an accomplished technical player in that league yet so lacking in that department with us.

Playing with better players around him helps as well.

I thought he'd gone back to Feyenoord? ^_^

• Like 2

True but he didn't even get the basics right here at times, such as trapping routine balls and inability to execute simple lay-offs etc.

his first 4 or 5 games I thought his ball retention was very good and unappreciated. I rememeber he was trying move the ball vs West Brom and he was being being groaned at for not hoofing it long. after that I dont think he really tried play that game again

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Apologies if there's already a thread for KEA, but I did a search and couldn't find one. Could a mod just merge this post into it if there is one?

Anyway, he's just won the Eredivisie title, as well as the Eredivisie player of the season! He's apparently been outstanding, and dominated several games from the middle of the park.

Really nice that Feyenoord finally got to win the title.

They seem to have a very special bond with their fans (although some of those fans are proper bell ends)  who are loyal to a fault.

Happy for El-Ahmavi, but especially happy for Dirk Kuyt who moved back home and got a fairytale end(?) to his career scoring a hattrick in the game that won them the title.

I watched a documentary ( Terug Op Zuid) about him a while ago and he seems like a great guy.

The clip when he tells his kids they are moving back home to play for Feyenoord is quite special.

Good player was KEA, always got pelters but looked a cut above most the shite in the squad at the time.

Could have done a lot worse than keep him around ( we did) but 2 years of playing next to Westwood would make anyone want to **** off though to be fair.

• Like 1

he was decent, but to be fair the dutch league is abysmal. Look at jansson of spurs? Or Van Wolfswinkel as a few examples? Depay another.

there has been successes like van nisterooy and van persie but its really a poor league 

• Like 2

Dutch league isn't the best but Ajax are in the Europa league final  and have some fine young players. So for KEA to win the title and be player of the year is a good achievement. 

• Like 4

Â