Lunches

Folski

Fruit is a real problem. Five a Day? I'd be surprised if I manage five a year. That's what worries me the most. I really want to eat the stuff, but I just do not like it at all.

Mike next time someone tells you to eat a salad order one that's drenched in ladles of dressing.

Mmm.

Stir-fried vegetables on the other hand are vile, hate cooked veggies.

Nope, not keen on salad dressing, either. Although I did have an OK one in France once, that had a white pepper flavour.

And frying improves ANYTHING, even veg. Raw veg is inedible as far as I'm concerned.

:puke:

'5 a day' is Britain/Ireland's number. Other countries have much higher and some have lower. But 'we' decided our public wouldn't eat more than that. Basically you try and get your people to eat as much of it as you can without making the target so high that they won't even try.

I'm fairly sure there was research done the other year that came to the conclusion that after 3 a day there was little to no extra benefit

My work supplies bowls of fresh fruit every few weeks, but I barely touch any of it. I'll have the odd banana or apple, if I can be bothered.

To answer the OP, I make a sandwich most days for work. I generally have ham or cheese with some kind of pickle (to mix it up a bit!).

I went to Sandwell Valley Farm last weekend and bought myself a jar of 'Farmers Pickle' and a jar of 'Sweet Onion Pickle'! Both are very nice.

Most days it's a Sainsburys lunch or whatever the canteen is serving but when I'm working with my milf-y colleague I know I'm gonna eat well. Homemade lasagne, chicken and chorizo pie, chilli con carne etc..... always top food!

Today she has made mushroom and Pinot grigio ravioli.

Â