Lunches

Folski

lettuce, Cherry tomato's, a cucumber, spring onions, a pepper maybe even a nice bit of beetroot

Its just what you would do with a sandwich but replacing the bread with a nice healthy salad

That is my absolute nightmare. I wish I could like that stuff, because I know it would be good for me. But the thought of trying to force it down is so depressing. Food for me pretty much equals red meat, potatoes, bread, eggs, dairy produce and sugar.

I"m with you.Apart from peas, I dont eat anything green.

lettuce, Cherry tomato's, a cucumber, spring onions, a pepper maybe even a nice bit of beetroot

Its just what you would do with a sandwich but replacing the bread with a nice healthy salad

That is my absolute nightmare. I wish I could like that stuff, because I know it would be good for me. But the thought of trying to force it down is so depressing. Food for me pretty much equals red meat, potatoes, bread, eggs, dairy produce and sugar.

I"m with you.Apart from peas, I dont eat anything green.

I wouldn't go that far, due to the fact that the missus does most of the cooking, and I will eat whatever she puts in front of me (unless it's spring greens, spinach or celery, which are on the totally banned list). So I do get to force down some medicinal green stuff. But I don't enjoy it at all.

Oh, funnily enough, except the thing that everybody seems to hate - sprouts. Dunno why, but I actually like them!

Fruit is a real problem. Five a Day? I'd be surprised if I manage five a year. That's what worries me the most. I really want to eat the stuff, but I just do not like it at all.

I don't know how you can blanket-dislike such a diverse thing as fruit. Find one you like. You can't dislike them all.

I don't know how you can blanket-dislike such a diverse thing as fruit. Find one you like. You can't dislike them all.

Absolutely this.

And I'd say the same thing about "greens". So many different flavours and textures to "greens".

That's psychological, imo. Green isn't a flavour. Chances are you would like some greens, you just don't want to.

As for 5 a day, I comfortably manage that. 6 or 7 usually in fact.

I don't really HATE any of them (although raspberries come close). But there's seriously not one that I actively LIKE and enjoy eating. Best I can hope for is "inoffensive but dull", aka bananas. Most fruit is just so **** messy, too - skin, pips, pith, sticky acidic juice, etc. Yuk. Give me a family sized block of chocolate every time.

A duo of chili cheese dogs, plus a kielbasa:

4652.jpg

(more or less presentationally accurate (did not think to snap a photo of the feast for this thread)... for scale, think about 3/4 inch (2cm) diameter, maybe 8 inches long (and I expect someone to mangle that in a quote))

There are few better culinary experiences than sausages of potentially dubious provenance from a sidewalk vendor's cart.

(though in this case, I'm pretty sure I tasted Pekarski's spice blend in the kielbasa)

And a diet soda to wash it all down? Nice to see you are watching the calories...

That wasn't mine... I didn't think to photograph it for the thread, so Google Image Search it was.

Today: a pair of chili cheese kielbasas

20120702_131620.jpg

(20 oz. (591 mL) Cherry Coke in the background, though I try to alternate full-corn-syrup Coke with Coke Zero).

Fruit is a real problem. Five a Day? I'd be surprised if I manage five a year. That's what worries me the most. I really want to eat the stuff, but I just do not like it at all.

Have yo tried tinned mandarin segments

Very difficult not to like especially chilled

I don't really HATE any of them (although raspberries come close). But there's seriously not one that I actively LIKE and enjoy eating. Best I can hope for is "inoffensive but dull", aka bananas. Most fruit is just so **** messy, too - skin, pips, pith, sticky acidic juice, etc. Yuk. Give me a family sized block of chocolate every time.

What about a Terry's chocolate orange ?

i cant explain how much i love A&W root beer! problem is the only place i can find selling it is the chinese supermarket and i think its £3.50 a bottle :( they have proper mountain dew too

and i thought theyd started saying 5 a day was bollocks, sure id read somewhere that every country has its own similar campaign, many say less, japan tells everyone they have to have 7 etc, the government plucked a number out of the air and stuck a marketing campaign on it

Have yo tried tinned mandarin segments

Very difficult not to like especially chilled

Yes, I have. Very easy not to like. They have that citric acid thing that makes you suck your cheeks in. And I'm not crazy about chilled anything, prefer food in a range from room temperature to warm/hot (but not crazy hot).

Mike next time someone tells you to eat a salad order one that's drenched in ladles of dressing.

Mmm.

Stir-fried vegetables on the other hand are vile, hate cooked veggies.

Mike next time someone tells you to eat a salad order one that's drenched in ladles of dressing.

Mmm.

Stir-fried vegetables on the other hand are vile, hate cooked veggies.

Nope, not keen on salad dressing, either. Although I did have an OK one in France once, that had a white pepper flavour.

And frying improves ANYTHING, even veg. Raw veg is inedible as far as I'm concerned.

'5 a day' is Britain/Ireland's number. Other countries have much higher and some have lower. But 'we' decided our public wouldn't eat more than that. Basically you try and get your people to eat as much of it as you can without making the target so high that they won't even try.

Â