Lunches

Folski

2 slices of plain white bread with 2 slices of ham and 1 slice of cheese - pretty boring what can you do. This country has the worst choice of lunches, not much option is available.

Nah, that's not boring. Ham and cheese is the king of "normal" sandwiches.

On the other hand, I haven't eaten a slice of bread in months, so my desire for a ham and cheese sandwich may be higher than others!

Buy a lettuce, Cherry tomato's, a cucumber, spring onions, a pepper maybe even a nice bit of beetroot add dressing of your choice and that should last you the week. Then each day change the main item (obvious choices are tuna, ham, cheese, salmon, chicken but could be whatever you fancy).

Its just what you would do with a sandwich but replacing the bread with a nice healthy salad

If I'm in London I go for a hot salt beef Sarnie with mustard and gherkin on the side, on rye bread of course

If I'm out far east it will be sashimi and wasabi normally

Middle east and its a couple of falaffels a shwarmer and a fresh OJ

A duo of chili cheese dogs, plus a kielbasa:

4652.jpg

(more or less presentationally accurate (did not think to snap a photo of the feast for this thread)... for scale, think about 3/4 inch (2cm) diameter, maybe 8 inches long (and I expect someone to mangle that in a quote))

There are few better culinary experiences than sausages of potentially dubious provenance from a sidewalk vendor's cart.

(though in this case, I'm pretty sure I tasted Pekarski's spice blend in the kielbasa)

lettuce, Cherry tomato's, a cucumber, spring onions, a pepper maybe even a nice bit of beetroot

Its just what you would do with a sandwich but replacing the bread with a nice healthy salad

That is my absolute nightmare. I wish I could like that stuff, because I know it would be good for me. But the thought of trying to force it down is so depressing. Food for me pretty much equals red meat, potatoes, bread, eggs, dairy produce and sugar.

A duo of chili cheese dogs, plus a kielbasa:

4652.jpg

(more or less presentationally accurate (did not think to snap a photo of the feast for this thread)... for scale, think about 3/4 inch (2cm) diameter, maybe 8 inches long (and I expect someone to mangle that in a quote))

There are few better culinary experiences than sausages of potentially dubious provenance from a sidewalk vendor's cart.

(though in this case, I'm pretty sure I tasted Pekarski's spice blend in the kielbasa)

And a diet soda to wash it all down? Nice to see you are watching the calories...

Â