Lunches

Folski

Just wondering what people have for lunch. Since I started working last August after 4 years in college, Ive either been going somewhere for a sit down lunch (and then basically been having two dinners in one day) or else eating sausage rolls, pies etc. The pounds have been piling on bit by bit. Ive found myself spending way too much on lunch as well. So very curious to as to what VTers do for lunch. :)

I try and do sandwiches but it's a ball ache making them every night, usually tuna or cheese spread ham and tommy sauce but I'm ridiculously fussy over bread has to be really soft, I usually bin a fair bit of bread

But if I don't I end up at greggs, or if I'm on site it can be anywhere, chippy, eat4less in brum is ok, last Thursday I spent £9 in waitrose on my lunch

Only today, I was bemoaning the fact that my work canteen has gone to shit. Serving up the same filth every week. It's a vicious circle with them. They try and save money, and cut back on the variety, quality, and portion size, so less people eat there. Then they put the prices up. As a result, I find myself going else where. I usually end up going to Morrison's for lunch, or very occasionally the local greasy spoon.

Uncle Ben's microwave rice. Every day.

Sometimes it's a bit like being in a campaign video for Comic Relief.

I was thinking about that earlier actually, do u get sauce for it or what? Or else maybe microwave soups?!

I was thinking about that earlier actually, do u get sauce for it or what? Or else maybe microwave soups?!

Nah, if you get the nice ones like Tomato and Basil or Mexican then theyre flavoured enough. If I can be arsed I'll cook some chicken breasts with maybe Cajun shake stuff on em and have one with the rice. If I'm lazy I'll just have the rice, or buy precooked chicken from the supermarket.

Supplement with fruit over the day and have a Muller Light yoghurt for dessert and watch those pounds drop off.

Greggs should be banned. They just make shiny brown rectangles for fat people ;)

If I don't take something that will Ding! in 4 mins or under I usually get a pie or a pasty from Satterthwaites a local bakery, who rumour had it opened a new branch in Bootle two weeks after we opened our new office there because, I and my colleagues no longer being able to purchase their wares on our lunch hour had hit their profits so hard...

A home-made wrap consisting of ham, tomato, spring onion, grated cheddar, grated ginger, wholegrain mustard & lettuce. Then a banana, an orange and one or two other pieces of fruit, usually a peach.

That would be maybe 4 times a week. The other time I always have tins of sweet corn and tins of tuna in my work drawer. I just make a tuna& sweetcorn dish with one each of them. Plus the fruit from above.

The odd time I'll have a portion of a home-made curry.

I work in a building squad with my mate and his Dad. My mates Mum makes up 3 flasks of home-made soup every day for the three of us, absolute legend! I make up a couple of ham/chicken sandwiches every night for the next day and there's usually a chocolate biscuit involved! I fill an empty Robinsons bottle with juice and the litre does me for the day, I save an absolute fortune compared to most folk I know!!

Nah, if you get the nice ones like Tomato and Basil or Mexican then theyre flavoured enough. If I can be arsed I'll cook some chicken breasts with maybe Cajun shake stuff on em and have one with the rice. If I'm lazy I'll just have the rice, or buy precooked chicken from the supermarket.

Supplement with fruit over the day and have a Muller Light yoghurt for dessert and watch those pounds drop off.

Greggs should be banned. They just make shiny brown rectangles for fat people ;)

Jesus, Uncle Ben's rice on its own is a very bland and boring meal. Not only that, but rice is high in carbs and if you're talking about eating an entire sachet that you heat in the microwave, I think that's a serving for two people. I wouldn't have thought eating a packet everyday for lunch is particularly satisfying, healthy or slimming.

I'd imagine if you want to be healthy, just make a sandwich, wholemeal bread, low-fat spread, lettuce and some chicken or something. It's not exactly bursting with flavour but in my experience the healthy stuff never is unfortunately.

Working in South Korea at the moment so lunches can be very interesting. Some days its incredible, yesterday i had a sweet and sour pork dish with a tofu soup, a fresh salad followed by kiwis, for about 1 quid! Theres also been grilled duck, amazing chicken or beef curries and something called jajangmyon which is a black noodle dish that im addicted too.

Other days its pretty strange, including snails, acorn jelly, squid, raw fish, raddish or seriously smelly whole fish.

It always comes with a side of Kimchi, rice and some other pickled vegatable. Ive lost a fair bit of weight out here but im very healthy

near my work all i have is a McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Greggs, chip shop & Subway.

so basically i rotate between them...

but am trying to get a little bit more healthy now, and limit take-aways to 2-3 times a week.

Office where I work has an OK canteen, but I never us it.

My lunch consists of an Apple, a Banana, and an Orange. I'll make sandwiches in the morning, of varying flavours, always on white. Then I'll have one of those go ahead fruit biscuit bar things that are really nice, or the cheapo aldi version, for my pudpud.

I used to have crisps and a chocolate bar every day too, but knocked that on the head, replacing the crisps with the orange. I can't say I miss either.

Still have biccys during the day though ^__^

Gosh I just got an incredible craving for FIG ROLLS. Anyone else like FIG ROLLS?

We have a canteen and the problem is that after a hot lunch I start to fade as the afternoon goes on, also find by having a dinnner at home later that I am not as hungry so dont enjoy it. Ad this to the fact that the weight piles on I have reverted back to sandwiches.

Â