Former Villa Players You'd Want Back

maqroll

I'd take Milner back, even though he was HORRENDOUS in the Euros.

I'm surprised people are saying they'd take Barry back. I think he's a very good player, and he was particularly impressive for City during the latter stages of last season, but have people really forgiven him? I know it's a moot point anyway because if he did leave City, he'd easily find a CL club willing to take him on but I can't say the idea sits too comfortably with me.

Cahill's a no-brainer. And I always liked Reo-Coker. He didn't get a fair crack of it under MON but when he got his chance his attitude was always impeccable. We could have done with him last season although I'd like to think we could attract far better players in our current position.

Would happily take Barry back, easy to forgive him when you think that he gave so much to Villa,he is 9th in the all time appearances and is still a great player.

I'm surprised people are saying they'd take Barry back. I think he's a very good player, and he was particularly impressive for City during the latter stages of last season, but have people really forgiven him?

Forgiven him for what exactly? He moved on to a club where he could win things, I really don't think he did anything wrong. The season before he wanted to move to Liverpool, it didn't work out and he performed for us again the following season. In my mind a deal was clearly done that summer, where Barry was told that, ok son, the Liverpool move didn't work out but, one more season with us and as long as the price is right, you can have your move. He didn't create a big fuss, he got his head down, played another season and got his move the following season.

What Downing did is unforgivable in my eyes, what Barry did is what I expect players to do. Apart from that daft interview during the Liverpool affair, where he was totally misguided by his agent, he did little wrong. What he did in C&B on the pitch was always a positive.

• 5 weeks later...

It used to be that players would return to the club they made their name at, and on that basis it would be great to have Barry or Milner back, but nowadays they head to the US, China, Russia or the middle East for a massive last pay day.

Of those who are still playing Bouma, Mellberg and Angel.

Olof is a free agent at the moment too.

I'd like them to come back to pass on their knowledge, fill up the squad and give us all a smile.

Forgiven him for what exactly? He moved on to a club where he could win things, I really don't think he did anything wrong. The season before he wanted to move to Liverpool, it didn't work out and he performed for us again the following season. In my mind a deal was clearly done that summer, where Barry was told that, ok son, the Liverpool move didn't work out but, one more season with us and as long as the price is right, you can have your move. He didn't create a big fuss, he got his head down, played another season and got his move the following season.

agree with this 100%. also no coincidence that Young struggled after he left. wasnt he also made captain again when Laursen retired?

I'd take Milner back, even though he was HORRENDOUS in the Euros.

I'm surprised people are saying they'd take Barry back. I think he's a very good player, and he was particularly impressive for City during the latter stages of last season, but have people really forgiven him? I know it's a moot point anyway because if he did leave City, he'd easily find a CL club willing to take him on but I can't say the idea sits too comfortably with me.

Cahill's a no-brainer. And I always liked Reo-Coker. He didn't get a fair crack of it under MON but when he got his chance his attitude was always impeccable. We could have done with him last season although I'd like to think we could attract far better players in our current position.

Would happily take Barry back, easy to forgive him when you think that he gave so much to Villa,he is 9th in the all time appearances and is still a great player.

I'd rather have Barry back then Milner. At least Barry was honest. Milner did the dirty on us after just a couple of years service. Barry was here 11 years. He deserved a move to a CL club.

• 3 weeks later...

Juan Pablo Angel but only if Hadji comes too. Heaven knows that Mustapha was the ONLY one with an ounce of creativity during JPA stay at Villa Park, that could give the Colombian a good chance. Lets throw in Nobby who played with JPA when he bagged 23 goals... coincedence? think not.

Â