Former Villa Players You'd Want Back

maqroll

John, I know what you mean, think he is doing an okay job for England, but if he had carried on at Villa, maybe he would be an England mainstay in the central position he excels in. There again, can you really blame him? Villa were going downhill and a massie pay increase. Think he has had decent game time with them, though second half of last season was usually a sub. The first season I think he played in most games.

can you really blame him?

Not really, money talks and football players will move at the drop of a hat now despite the fact that it may see them sitting on a bench as often as playing and the impact they make in what is a short time in football is thus reduced.

Money talks in any job to be fair, but have to say from reading on Milner, he is a totally dedicated professional and will never forget his performance v West Ham when he was about to leave. Could easily have ducked out of it but played and was a credit to himself IMHO. Personally, I think he should have stayed for a while longer and showed his undoubted talent in the central midfield position

Is this about ex players STILL PLAYING or ex players from the history books?

Anyway, none. Never go back.

Depends under what circumstances. James Milner was much better for us in his second spell at Villa Park.

Depends under what circumstances. James Milner was much better for us in his second spell at Villa Park.

A rare but very good example Rev and I agree 110% villanfromluton:

Personally, I think he should have stayed for a while longer

Taking the emotion out, imagine our squad with...

First Team

Sturridge, Downing, Milner, Young, Barry, Walker and Cahill

Squad players.

Guzan, Mellberg and Bouma.

Edit: we could even add Bosko Balaban to that team above and give most teams a good game.

Is this about ex players STILL PLAYING or ex players from the history books?

Anyway, none. Never go back.

Yeah, the idea was former Villa players who are still playing...I should have been more clear.

Certainly would take Milner back but very unlikely,Olaf was brilliant in his spell with us & yes he did well at the Euro's but not sure weeek in week out he would be able to still do it in the PL,you cannot sign older players on high salaries to play now & again.

As was the original intentions of the thread, here's my dream team of still-playing current or ex Villans:

--Gabby--Bent--

--Young--Milner--Barry--Downing

--Lichaj--Mellberg--Cahill--Young

NB. Kyle Walker doesn't count.

NB2. Why have we not had any properly decent fullbacks in the last 10 or so years?

As was the original intentions of the thread, here's my dream team of still-playing current or ex Villans:

--Gabby--Bent--

--Young--Milner--Barry--Downing

--Lichaj--Mellberg--Cahill--Young

NB. Kyle Walker doesn't count.

NB2. Why have we not had any properly decent fullbacks in the last 10 or so years?

Luke Young was decent IMO.

Â