Former Villa Players You'd Want Back

maqroll

laursen as a coach

milner and barry as our new midfield pairing

cahill at cb

whittingham to offer some competition out wide

wilfred Bouma who i noticed was in the dutch squad for the euros, loved him as a player, would put him in at lb and thus allow Lichaj to swap to his prefered rb postion.

Frank Barson, Billy Walker, Harry Hampton, Pongo waring, Gibson Talbot and Tate

:winkold: Add Eric Houghton, Danny Blanchflower, McParland, Hitchens, Rioch, Little, Gray, Platt, Gidman, Macca & the 82 team to that and we have a squad rjw63!

Paul 'God' McGrath.

Any time I meet a Villa fan not old enough to have appreciated the genius of the man, not to have witnessed his grace or marvel at his reading of the game I can't help but pity them. There have been other greats but only one God and that man wore the number 5 and could turn water into wine but even that couldn't stop him being the best player I've ever seen in our colours.

Frank Barson, Billy Walker, Harry Hampton, Pongo waring, Gibson Talbot and Tate

:winkold: Add Eric Houghton, Danny Blanchflower, McParland, Hitchens, Rioch, Little, Gray, Platt, Gidman, Macca & the 82 team to that and we have a squad rjw63!

tQfY7.jpg

For present players, would love James Milner back in the central midfield position he excels. Getting so much stick for England, but works his socks off for the team in the right midfield position, a la Des Bremner

Pity he put money first villanfromluton. He will claim he has a medal now but he is and was always going to be a bit player up there. Our wage structure does not match his wage so he will not be coming back until they no longer want him and nobody else will pay him a fair bit more than we would and the same applies to Barry although he is getting games with them. But, briny-ear is right we should never go back unless we can clone some of our past players. :winkold:

Â