Lambert V Laudrup

Craigy1874

My first choice was Guus Hiddink.

But my second choice was Lambert............ so I am happy with that,also when you consider what he has done at Norwich I expect better at Villa...............next season.

Personally, I am very happy with the appointment of Paul Lambert and he was my first choice all along.

However, I am aware a lot of folk on here would have preferred more of a 'sexy' manager, like OGS etc.

Laudrup was obviously available to AVFC and you have to think he would have come seen as he has now joined Swansea.

Just wondering how many fans would have preferred to see Laudrup as our manager rather than Lambert?

I would have loved to see Laudrup and Martin Laursen at Villa Park. My first choices were Martinez and OGS because I think that they would have got us playing good football.

However, given the problems we have at VP, Lambert could be just right for us. Only time will tell, but it will need a very strong character to sort out the likes of Collins, Warnock, Dunne and Hutton. I think that Lambert probably has more steel about him than the other candidates and so I am very happy with our choice of manager.

Laudrup have played in some of the best teams in the world and is the best Danish player ever, he's a well known and respected name all over the world and he has a clear idea of how he want's his teams to play. The way Getafe played under him was amazing for such a small "unknown" side.

He was a good player but his record as a manager is questionable - since Brøndby he hasn't stayed anywhere very long and hasn't always been too successful.

It would have been quite a gamble to hire him and I understand why Lerner/Faulkner didn't want to do that, having messed up so badly on their two previous appointments.

Im fairly happy with Lambert but he wasn't top of my list (Bilic was..)

Have to say id rather had Laudrup mainly because of what i know about him and how his teams play.

Me being from Sweden i actually know more about Laudrup than about Lambert who's 1 season in the PL is all i have to go on.

Laudrup have played in some of the best teams in the world and is the best Danish player ever, he's a well known and respected name all over the world and he has a clear idea of how he want's his teams to play. The way Getafe played under him was amazing for such a small "unknown" side.

My question with Lambert is what calibre players he'll be able to attract, with Laudrup i'd been confident he'd get it right.

Im sure Lambert learned a lot during his first and only PL-season, but he's not what you'd call a veteran manager. I rate Laudrups experience from Spain, Russia and Denmark higher than Lamberts 1 year in top flight football. The PL is not that impossible to grasp for foreigners as some wan't to make out.

With that said im happy enough with Lambert, i just hope he doesn't try to build an entire team based on young brittish players as that will in my opinion fail

Lambert might not have been as skillful as Laudrup as a player but he was a damn good holding midfielder and he has won European Cup as a player and I believe he did his coaching badges in Germany and them lads know a thing or 2 about football and coaching ;)

Yup. Laudrup 1 European Cup. Lambert 1 European Cup. And unlike, say, Djimi Traore (also 1 European Cup), both were fundamental to their side's fortunes.

The VT user's ability to twist or (un)intentionally 'not quite get' a discussion never fails to amuse me, or indeed let me down ;)

Happy with Lambert but would have preferred Martinez or OGS.

We badly need a change in our playing style from the old British "rush" we have deployed for most of the last decade. I'm not yet convinced Lambert will or can do that.

Same here. We really need to develop a modern more possession based style. My hope is Lambert can do that, my first choice was Rodgers then our fun OGS flutter.

Happy enough with Lambert though.

Yup. Laudrup 1 European Cup. Lambert 1 European Cup. And unlike, say, Djimi Traore (also 1 European Cup), both were fundamental to their side's fortunes.

Traore cleared a ball of the line at 3-3 so withput Liverpool wouldn't of won the European Cup that night.

Laudrup and OGS would have been exciting marquee risky appointments, Lambert is the unexciting safer option.

Given our last two disasterous seasons especially the last one then the safer option of Lambert is understandable.

I still think Lambert poses quite a lot of risk as he too is an uproven premiership manager, he had 1 good season with Norwich but managing Aston Villa is totally different to being at Norwich or Colchester and there have been plenty of managers who have had 1 good seson in the prem when being promoted and then crumbled in their second season. Thats probably why Lambert left Norwich I think he knew thats all he could do with them.

Im still not convinced by Lambert, I was never that keen on him or his style of play. Given the choice I would have rather had OGS or a Laudrup/Laursen combination.

Â