Comedians you like and cant stand

donnie

I am glad Louis C.K. has a few mentions. He is **** amazing.

I think it might have been someone here that got me to look at Louis C.K. a while back. I wouldn't say he was one of my top favourites but I do find him funny and occasionally quite profound.

On Youtube theres a 3 part radio interview he did with a couple of guys where they talk about consumerism and how its constant march forward has made the world a worse place which is worth a listen. It's not massively funny, theres a few moments of cynical humour that can raise a chuckle and it's very US centric, but it's well worth a listen. I'll shove a link here if I can find it. It could have turned into 3 guys the wrong side of 40 whinging about how the world's gone to hell in a handcart but it doesn't in the end.

It gives you a really good idea of where C.K. comes from and that his comedy is drawn from a genuine world view.

EDIT - found the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N95IMKRkcBw, links to the other 2 in the responses

Trying to think of a female comedian that has actually even made me smirk let alone laugh, narrowed it down to one....joan rivers (i think thats her name, very old, frankenstein looking woman from america)

Sarah Silverman is very funny.

I tend to find female comedians a bit shit in general and Russell Brands attempts at stand up are nothing short of criminal.

Eddie Murphys Raw and Delerious are classics and Bill Hicks was a true legend. I also liked Billy Connelly up until the mid 90s but then he became a bit of a tit.

Frankie Boyle is a favorite of mine when it comes to modern comics. I know some people find him offensive but I literally fell out of my seat when he told the Harvey joke :lol:

I like a few female comedians. Josie Long in particular, as she just slags off the guvmint and daily mail readers.

:thumb:

She does an occassional piece in the Grauniad 'Guide' and it is excellent. Topical, left wing, anti-Government, anti-mainstream type stuff.

Both funny and incisive.

Also occassionaly (used to be) on 6 Music.

I like a few female comedians. Josie Long in particular, as she just slags off the guvmint and daily mail readers.

She does an occassional piece in the Grauniad 'Guide' and it is excellent. Topical, left wing, anti-Government, anti-mainstream type stuff.

Both funny and incisive.

Why are you posting in this thread if you believe it is of such low quality??

Both funny and incisive.

Why are you posting in this thread if you believe it is of such low quality??

I never denigrated the quality of the thread, just the quality of your posts, which I extrapolated to be of poor quality based, somewhat short sightedly on my part, on the rather shite comedians you like, and the good ones you don't.

The thread itself has some merit, even though the title is perhaps badly worded. I quite enjoy a good discussion about comedians and stand-up comedy, as I feel it can reveal quite a bit about people and posters.

An opening gambit of disliking Stewart Lee and Liking the 'works' of Bernard Manning is never going to endear you to many of the good folks in Off Topic though, I would venture ...

Â