Kevin Hart

Chris Rock

Lee Evans

Kevin Bridges

Ricky Gervais

John Bishop

Russell Brand

Jason Manford

Peter Kay (I used to think he was quality but his last dvd was a big let down. He's still in my likes list though, just!)

Dislike:

I'm not being sexist but ALL female "comedians" I just don't find them funny at all.

Noel Fielding (Would you class him as a stand up comedian?)

Not a fan of most of the regulars that appear on shows such as QI, Have I Got News For You, Never Mind The Buzzcocks etc.

Most of my favourites have been mentioned. Stewart Lee, George Carling, Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, Dylan Moran, Daniel Kitson, Frank Skinner etc.

Johnny Vegas, when he first came on the scene. When no one knew if it was an act, or if he really was an unhinged, drunken maniac, was brilliant.

Also a massive fan of Dave Chappelle, who follows on from Richard Pryor and Chris Rock I suppose.

Bill Hicks is a funny one. He was undoubtedly a genius, and amazingly funny. I love what little material we have of his. However Stewart Lee raised a good point, that because he's dead, he has an advantage over other comedians, as he's only judged on a few hours worth of material. While other comedians need to come up with a new set every year, to be considered half as great.

I dislike with a passion, Russell Howard. There are others I don't like, but not nearly as much as I dislike him.

Bill Hicks is a funny one. He was undoubtedly a genius, and amazingly funny. I love what little material we have of his. However Stewart Lee raised a good point, that because he's dead, he has an advantage over other comedians, as he's only judged on a few hours worth of material. While other comedians need to come up with a new set every year, to be considered half as great.

That's a common thing in our society. Just look at James Dean or Duncan Edwards.

Like: Rhod Gilbert, McIntyre, Mark Watson, Frankie Boyle, Lee Evans, Mickey Flannagan

Cannot stand: RUSSELL HOWARD

Every time i walk into a bar i see a Russell Howard...he's basically like a loud drunk uni student who thinks he's funny...god knows how hes got his own show

(no offence intended to uni students)

There are a lot of comedians I love, but can understand why other people hate. Ricky Gervais, Noel Fielding, Frank Skinner etc, but I don't understand why a lot of people hate Russell Howard so much. Fair enough if you don't find him funny, but people seem to really dislike him, putting him in the same list as Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson. I can't see that one.

Peter Kay irl is a complete and utter cockend, friends of mine who have been in the business for decades are still yet to find a more loathsome character in all their time in the biz.

On stage he's about as funny as herpes and any comedian that has hecklers forcibly ejected from the auditorium as a matter of course is a tosser, he's the one with the microphone and the amplification, he should win if he had half a braincell and a good line in retorts but Peter Kay can't manage even that basic bit of stagecraft so he has them removed

utter word removed!

Sir I applaud you! :winkold: I used to know a local stand up comic and she has been on the same bill as kay in his early years and everything you said is spot on, he used to sell his allocation of tickets whenever he had the chance and it was she who told me that spikey wrote a lot of his material. We got pissed one night and kept on ringing his mobile and hanging up :lol:

She introduced me to Russell Howard when he was doing the pub scene and he used to be very funny but as soon as he made it on to TV it was like watching his material on loop!

I like Dara O'Briain because he is a very inteligent comedian and unlike Kay can deal with a heckler.

Hate:

Jimmy Carr. Actually like him as a TV host. But his stand up is just shit.

Russell Brand. Tosser.

That Iranian Bird

The other small woman who's on Mock the Week quite a lot. I actually don't think she's ever said anything funny ever.

Frankie Boyle. "SOMETHING CONTROVERSIAL!!!!"

I'm sure his name has been mentioned already, but Richard Pryor was the greatest of them all. I think Brits sneer at American comedy a bit too easily, yeah, their mainstream stuff is shite (but then so is ours when you think about it) because there is a ton of THAT'S THE JOKE moments as they really need to appeal to the widest possible audience but I think the list of the greatest ever stand ups is dominated by Americans. Pryor, Carlin, Rock, Hicks & CK are all genius. I dont really like "weird" comedy, I never got Steve Martin at all. I do love silly stuff though, Tommy Cooper was peerless at that.

I run hot and cold on comedians, I can like someone for a while then totally go off them for no rhyme or reason, and wonder why I ever found them funny in the first place.

Bill Bailey has stood the test of time, I like him as much now as I have for several years. There are so many I've never liked I wont even bother compiling a list. Most of them are regulars on second rate 'comedy' panel shows.

Went to see Peter Kay last summer. Still got a few laughs out of me but I'm not so keen on him anymore. I can still enjoy Phoenix Nights but like people have mentioned alot of that was down to Spikey and 'Ray-von'.

and Delirious shows were brilliant and a big contrast to the PG shit he does now.

Â