Comedians you like and cant stand

donnie

To be honest 90% of comedians today are complete shite, especially those on the panel tv shows, words removed. Who are your favs (past and present) and ones you cant stand??

Cant stand

Russell Howard - is complete shite. Typical middle class, uni student type humour. Probably the most annoying thing about him is the way he makes a statement but says it in such a tone as if he was asking a question rather than making a statement. It makes him sound so bitch-ass. Old skool people never spoke this way, it's a modern phenomenon. Then there is his habit of suddenly shouting very loudly or pretending to be a child or retarded.

Dana O'Brien - He hasnt got a funny bone in his body.

Stewart Lee - their is nothing intelligent about his comedy, he is just not a funny person

Phil Jupitus - Complete shite and seems a bit of a bellend as well.

Richard Pryor - I tried to like his comedy but I just didnt find him funny

One I like

Sean Lock - the only guy I lock from panel shows. He really is a quick witted, twisted but seriously funny guy (never seen his stand up though so maybe I need to check it out more)

Bernard Manning - Truely great comedian, non PC comedy is the only comedy that is funny.

Chris Rock - in the 90's he had to be the ATG comedian.

Lee Evans - He is like marmite as many dislike his style, but personally I think he is brilliant.

Sure this has 'bin dunne' before, but oh well Ive not read it and see why it cant be done again

:crylaugh:

can't see us ever going to a comedy gig together:

comedians that I like (:lol:)

Dara O'Brien - stand up really good fun, family friendly mostly but its good to have a mix, fairly safe to watch with family as well!

Eddie Izzard - love his stuff, Dressed to Kill remains one of the all time best shows I've seen (not live!)

Richard Pryor - fantastic rage comedy

Bill Hicks - see above, though since leaving Uni, the draw has gone a little, not rewatched much of his stuff in a while but still great

Stewart Lee - very funny, on the money, yes his style is slow and sometimes I want something faster paced, but when you're in the mood he's superb.

Rowan Atkinson - his stand up show from ages ago still cracks me up so im counting this one.

Bill Bailey - older stuff is better I think, then it gets a little samey, but so funny.

edit: forgot Rich Hall :o He's hilarious, well reminded brumerican

Stewart Francis - delivers one liners in a very fun dry fashion

the guy with the hawaian shirts - milton something - he's good fun too.

dylan moran - wonderful acerbic drunk comedy

I do like Sean Lock and Chris Rock tbf, though not seen much of the latter ^

Ricky Gervais - stand up is the best thing he's done!

Jasper Carrott - to prove I like a broad range, inoffensive, bluenoseness aside, comes across as a nice guy.

Marcus Brigstock - appeals to the liberal in me

there's a few others who I hear on the Now Show on radio 4 who are good too, but can't remember them.

sue lesbian ( cant remember surname, just know she's a lesbian :oops: ) comes across a little passive aggressive on QI, but (if im remembering rightly ) her stand up was ok.

Can't Stand

Lee Evans: hate him, so **** annoying.

frankie boyle - just annoys me now, i used to like him but a bit of a one trick pony. Sometimes I'll laugh but putting him in the not a fan pile

russell brand - SUCH a bellend. SUCH an annoying nobend.

peter kay - GARLIC BREAD!!!? urgh, so irritating.

jo brand - like her on QI, stand up, so boring.

lucy porter - would like to put a woman in the like list, and lucy porter seemed a nice option but she just talked about relationships, and relationships. otherwise not seen many female comics out there.

those that spring to mind now, but there are others, will edit as and when reminded! A distinct lack of women - which always comes up in these threads but mostly as I haven't seen many.

Louis C.K. is absolutely brilliant.

Stewart Lee is a genius.

Mitch Hedberg was fantastic at the short joke .

Rich Hall has a brilliant mind.

Daniel Tosh is great if you like non P.C. humour .

Bill Hicks is a class above.

Comics like Lee evans , McIntyre, Peter Kay et al are the sort of guff you would expect to see at Butlins .

Hmmm. I can see why you've only made 146 posts in 5 years .....

take your list and reverse it, and you'd be getting closer to a good post.

What on earth has that got to do with how many posts Ive made???

Was just hypothesising that the reason you perhaps don't make so many posts is that they are all of this quality ...

I'll give the OP Russell Howard and Phil Jupitus. I don't find them remotely funny either. I'll assume Dana O'Brien is supposed to be Dara O'Briain ? His stand-up has gotten a lot better recently. Stewart Lee and Richard Pryor are/were brilliant.

Sean Lock, Lee Mack, Frankie Boyle, Lee Evans I like.

Rodders I think Sue Lesbian is Sue Perkins. 'As funny as a burning orphanage' is the phrase that springs to mind.

****, I don't think I like any stand up comedians.

It's in my nature not to find anyone funny who's actively trying to be funny.

This. 99% of the things I find funny are just what happens in real life, rather than 'professional comedy'. Never been to a stand-up gig, no desire to (and I'm unfamiliar with most of that list). Bernard Manning was utter, utter shite.

A few of the TV sketch shows (Little Britain, fast Show, etc.) are mildly amusing, but they all pall after a while. Sitcoms? Father Ted was good, Outnumbered is OK, there are probably a few others (e.g. Cheers from the US). And I loved Python when I was a teenager, but lets' face it, it's been done to death.

Quite like Q.I. and HIGNFY though.

• Like 1

I'll give the OP Russell Howard and Phil Jupitus. I don't find them remotely funny either. I'll assume Dana O'Brien is supposed to be Dara O'Briain ? His stand-up has gotten a lot better recently. Stewart Lee and Richard Pryor are/were brilliant.

Sean Lock, Lee Mack, Frankie Boyle, Lee Evans I like.

Rodders I think Sue Lesbian is Sue Perkins. 'As funny as a burning orphanage' is the phrase that springs to mind.

ah that may be the one. it's been years since I'd seen her so I may be wrong on the quality!

and im just going to give up editing my post now as tim reminds me of another star. Carlin is fantastic. Sadly missed.

Dave Allen is, for me, the king then comes in no particular order

Sean Lock

Stewart Lee

Frankie Boyle - I like that he says things that shouldnt be said even if I dont agree with some of it.

Paul Merton

Ricky Gervais - whilst I see why people find him annoying The Ricky Gervais show is brilliant and I love the animation.

Jack Whitehall - I dont want to find him funny or like him but I do.

Stewart Francis

Cant stand

Michael McIntrye

Phil Jupitus - I was surprised to find out he was classed as a comic he should have stuck to journalism

Lee Nelson - he is well not funny

Russell Howard etc - stop jumping around

Was just hypothesising that the reason you perhaps don't make so many posts is that they are all of this quality ...

Dont get your point?? Whats wrong with a thread on comedians?? Jog on

I cant stand Peter Kay! I dont know what it is but all I see is an arrgant clearing in the woods and Dave Spikey wrote all his stuff. I am willing to bet that he dont have many mates! :evil:

Russell Howard used to be funny when he first came on the pub circuit but as soon as he hit tele he became shit!

Like:

Stewart Lee

Daniel Kitson

Dylan Moran

Ricky Gervais

Bill Hicks

Richard Pryor

Hate:

Anyone with the first name Russell

Michael '*****' Mcintyre

Chubby '*****' Brown

Jim '*****' Davidson

Bernard '*****' Manning (I told him I thought he was an unfunny racist word removed whilst in Frankly Services once)

*I added the '****' bit because such is my dislike of the said gentlemen, i can't say their name without it.

And, since this comes up EVERY time, I'll get it out of the way right now:

If I HAVE to listen to comedians, on the whole I PREFER the female ones that you lot all hate so much. Yes, including Miranda Hart.

Like:

Ross Noble

Stewart Francis

Reginald D Hunter

Stewart Lee

Sean Lock

Lee Mack

Joe Wilkinson

Greg Davies

CANNOT ABIDE (mainly 'comediennes'):

Sarah Millican

Miranda Hart

Andi Osho

Zoe Lyons

Gina Yashere

Tim Vine

Patrick Kielty

Stephen K Amos

I cant stand Peter Kay! I dont know what it is but all I see is an arrgant clearing in the woods and Dave Spikey wrote all his stuff. I am willing to bet that he dont have many mates! :evil:

Russell Howard used to be funny when he first came on the pub circuit but as soon as he hit tele he became shit!

spikey had input in pheonix nights along with ray`von, but as for his stand up its all his own work. but yeah i have gone off him big time, i saw him at the nec last summer and he was a big let down.

i saw stewart lee in wolvo last month and he was brilliant, but i can see why people dont like him, with him you have to think about what his said, then think the oposite of the oposite to get the punchline.

Mcintyre i can take in small doses, 15 minutes on live at the apollo but couldnt watch him for a couple of hours, which brings me nicely on to russell brand, i **** hate that word removed and id love nothing better than to rip his finger nails out with pliers. "oooohhhh my liege, these are my rootin tootin boots". **** off, just **** off and die.

Â