R.I.P. Rodney King

maqroll

I had just turned 13 when the riots were on, I was in my first year at senior school. I'd probably think I was at the younger end of people who were well aware of it happening at the time. We discussed it at great length at school (in class) and I dont think they did that with the year below us who would all still have been at middle school at the time. It absolutely dominated the news for a week though.

I was only just turned 10 a few days prior but I remember it very well.

Being a stupid 10 year old I kept hoping the drama would keep going and going and was quite disappointed when it eventually fizzled out.

I had just turned 13 when the riots were on, I was in my first year at senior school. I'd probably think I was at the younger end of people who were well aware of it happening at the time. We discussed it at great length at school (in class) and I dont think they did that with the year below us who would all still have been at middle school at the time. It absolutely dominated the news for a week though.

I was only just turned 10 a few days prior but I remember it very well.

Being a stupid 10 year old I kept hoping the drama would keep going and going and was quite disappointed when it eventually fizzled out.

It's a strange thing that, isn't it? The desire for a terrible calamity to get worse...like when a huge hurricane begins to die down when it gets closer to land...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â