Find me a new, cheap car

villarule123

I am in need of a car, I want a new one just so there is no risk and I am sick of paying £100s every year to keep my car running. We already have a family car so I will settle for a shity little 1.0L car. I've looked around and the two that stand out are the Peugeot 107 and Chevrolet Spark. Yes they are not good to look at or fast, but I just want it new and cheap.

I can't pay for the car outright and would only want to pay 10% deposit of the £6000-£6500 or so the car would cost. Find me one with as low as APR as possible too.

Over to you VT.

try this for a full on driving experience

why does it have to be new?

a new 6k car is instantly chucking 1200 notes at HM govt and so worth 4,800 the very next day

don't fancy a landy, want some chance of reliability, go on the official mercedes used site and see what they can do you from a main dealer for 6 / 7k

and apr is negotiable - last time I bought a car a new Fiat was going to cost 12% from their dealer

a used C Class estate (2 yrs old) with all the extras was cheaper, windscreen price AND 3.4% apr

seriously close shave, could've had an expensive Punto, but ended up with a Merc for less money

Having since changed jobs and done 100,000 miles I do wonder how many Punto's I'd have burnt through by now.

Lastly, if you don't worry about image and love the tree huggers type Renault Twizy into your search engine. Saw one a couple of days ago at a promo event........different.

Peugeot are running that just add fuel thing , think u can get a 107 for 180 a month free tax , free insurance , 3 years warranty , 3 years free servicing .

Link?

Thought they were lease cars?

a new 6k car is instantly chucking 1200 notes at HM govt and so worth 4,800 the very next day

Don't you have to pay VAT on a used car?

Pay VAT on second hand goods? Dont think you do.

Don't you have to pay VAT on a used car?

I'm no expert, but I think the vat is greatly reduced.

If a dealer buys a car for 3000 and sells it for 3,500 he has to pay vat on the difference, i.e. the ovt takes 20% of 500

so if a new car was 6000, 1200 of that is vat

if a used car was 6000 (but had cost the garage 5,500 to buy) then 100 of that is vat - so much better value

I could be spectacularly wrong

I'm not sure why you think a new car would be the most reliable. I think you can get teething problems with them, although admittedly £6k new cars aren't the sort of thing that interest me so I could be biased.

How about this. Dealer would do finance and it should be good for another 200k miles.

Peugeot are running that just add fuel thing , think u can get a 107 for 180 a month free tax , free insurance , 3 years warranty , 3 years free servicing .

Link?

Thought they were lease cars?

I'm sure i read there is an option to buy it at the end , i could be wrong considering i've been doing Peugeot parts for 17 years i'm rather crap at the car buying side of them , sorry :oops:

Â