2012 Tour de France

PauloBarnesi

Really looking forward to it. I think it could be won by a wild card this year performing like Voeckler did last year. If someone can eek out a big lead in a breakaway, it might be hard for the contenders to reel them back in on the mountains.

Hope Wiggins can do it though. It would be great to see.

• 3 weeks later...

I still think it's one for Evans - the number of steep hills suits him better, although hopefully Wiggins will have learned the lessons of the Angliru last year.

Amazing ride by Wiggins yesterday though - best of the contenders without the pressure of the yellow jersey. Just back from the Dunwich Dynamo and settling down to watch stage one

Unless Evans has juiced up, he’s going to lose time in the TT to Wiggins, and with the amount of support Wiggins has got for the mountains, I think its hard for Evans to win. I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans on one mountain stage will lose.

But hey three weeks of racing has lots of surprises to come...

Highlight of the sporting calendar for me. Nothing matches the TDF!

Wiggy did an excellent ride in the prologue, and was watchful yesterday in what proved to be an exciting finish.

Looks like Cav may be prioritising the olympic road race, and may just grab the odd stage win here, rather than going for green. Sagan looks like a potential beast.

3 weeks of jizzworthy entertainment has begun!! :mrgreen:

Stunning I'd say !

Rather looks like Cav is 'resigned', if that is the word, to playing second fiddle to Bradley Wiggins. But with Cav's ability you wouldn't bet against him (quote - Ron Saunders :D )

Incidentally, I see S.I.S. (Science in Sport) have an ad on this site - that's good stuff - if you see a poor old bloke in one of their training tops

riding round, that could be me !

I thought we decided not to name anyone till it had been on repeat on ITV 4, so not to ruin the result:D

Anyway, at 500 metres I thought no chance. At 250 I thought he might get third or fourth if he was lucky. But by golly he’s a definite legend.

OK :oops:

Jon won’t talk to you for months now... :D

See the Armstrong case went to a panel to see if it was worth following up, and they agree he has a case to answer. UCI now saying Bruyneel (who has stayed away from the TdF) may get banned from cycling.

Also got my tickets for Box Hill for the Olympics; can’t wait.

It was very interesting watching the NBC Sports Network (f/k/a Versus) broadcast, especially when Liggett and Sherwen had to mention Bruyneel's absence, apparently without mentioning Armstrong in any way.

The pair of them need to find some other employment. My favourite gaffe was from Sherwyn “And Napoleon marched through this town on his way to meet Wellington at his final battle, Trafalgar, er, er, er, er, I mean, well you know”

Sagan looked pretty great on Wednesday. Pity about Cav yesterday; thats goodbye to the green shirt.

Sagan looks like an absolute beast - a cross between Cavendish and Cancellara?

I don't think Cavendish has any intention of finishing the tour so I don't think he'll be too worried about the jersey.

Â