Kevin MacDonald to leave Villa

wedge

In simple terms, someone leaving a paid job without another job to go to has been pushed. No two ways about it folks.
Ahhh

So does that general principle also apply to......

MON?

In some respects, the fact he was compensated for leaving does suggest that yes, he was "pushed" although I do agree the mechanics of quite how the definition of "pushed" was arrived at might seem a little strange to an untrained eye.

Jack Grealish ..."Best manager i've played under" lol

Surely its his only manager, along with McDonut

1st of all If youre going to come up with ridiculous statements like 'surely its his only manager along with mcdonut ' at least get your facts right... He never played once under 'Mcdonut'.

2nd of all jack CLEARLY means coach but of course hes not going to say 'thats the best coach ive played under' Therefore meaning hes the best coach/manager (whatever you wish to call it ) hes had during his entire football career so far.

3rd of all bitterness gets you nowhere im afraid :)

You do realise Kevan that if Jack gets into the first team he's going to be subject to a lot worse than this! After all, this is the place where James Milner was labelled 'abysmal'. :P

I do not agree with it but don't worry I expect it :D everyone has an opinion and is entitled to their own...Including of Jack. But If people make ridiculous statements which are not true then ill simply tell them.

I

For me despite, winning youth cups, almost no youth players have come through with the effect of Shaw, Andy Gray, John deehan, John Gidman, Gary Williams, Colin Gibson, Keith Leonard ,Gordon Cowans and Brian Little.

We bought Andy Gray we didn't bring him through the youth system.

Keith Leonard?!!? Gary Williams?!!? decent average players but hardly signs of a vibrant youth system

Another poster cited Barry as a product of our youth system but we bought him too

We've had some real talent pass through the youth system which we've wasted and never really developed - Moore brothers etc

I thank KMc for his time at Villa and I'm sure he gave it his all but things change - we don't know the circumstances but my guess is that after involvment with the first team he didnt want to go back to the youth team

I think he will turn up as manager with a lower league team

Jack Grealish needs to wise up with some of his comments too

Pushed or not who cares?

We've had two poor seasons and he's been part of the coaching staff. A new manager is here and will bring his own people.

He's done good work with the young players but for all we know he was offered a return to his old role and he turned it down.

Good luck to him, he seems a nice guy but I have no problems with him being pushed or choosing to leave.

Bang on.

Another poster cited Barry as a product of our youth system but we bought him too

No we didn't, we signed him aged 16, he was meant to keep Michael Standing company. After a tribunal we were forced to pay Brighton some compensation for his early years. Under current rules I'm fairly sure we wouldn't have had to pay a penny. At 16 he was most definitely a product of our youth system.

• 8 months later...