Kevin MacDonald to leave Villa

wedge

On a serious note... Jacks like every other fan voicing his opinion. Bit harsh criticising him for voicing his own opinion via online websites whether it be social media or anything else? e.g: you guys are doing the exact same here on VT so what be the difference between him and you guys

I don't think it is the same. We are not employed by aston villa.

Hasn't he used twitter to complain about the club previously?

Obviously pushed so Saint Paul can bring in his own staff. I don't know why people can't accept this and instead make up some guff about him wanting to become a first team manager.

How can anyone doubt what he did with the youth? Don't they win their league most years? Many successful transitions to the first team he's done a great job. All the players have always spoke very highly of him too.

Pushed or not who cares?

We've had two poor seasons and he's been part of the coaching staff. A new manager is here and will bring his own people.

He's done good work with the young players but for all we know he was offered a return to his old role and he turned it down.

Good luck to him, he seems a nice guy but I have no problems with him being pushed or choosing to leave.

To be honest I would mind if we **** off the entire coaching staff to be honest. Technically the villa team is pretty shocking and judging by the way we always fade at the end of games id say the squad is pretty unfit.

Change the lot is what I would suggest

Pushed or not who cares?

We've had two poor seasons and he's been part of the coaching staff. A new manager is here and will bring his own people.

He's done good work with the young players but for all we know he was offered a return to his old role and he turned it down.

Good luck to him, he seems a nice guy but I have no problems with him being pushed or choosing to leave.

Yup, good post.

Pushed or not who cares?

Yes that is totally correct for me

Pushed or not who cares.

Nice

This guy has poured 17 years of his life into Aston Villa

On the whole he's done a marvellous job

Unbelieveable disrespect

I fully respect what the guy has done but we don't owe him a living.

We've just signed a manager looking at a long term plan. He needs to be fully backed and if he doesn't want mcdonald on the staff then thats fine by me.

Dissappointed he's gone probably just didnt want to go back to the youth system. If he was willing to go back to the youth but we still let him go i'm pretty disappointed as he's worked wonders there, are youth are good technically and him and McAndrew deserve a lot of credit for that.

That said, he doesn't seem cut out for the first team, so if he wanted to stay there then it's fine imo that he has gone.

Great servant to the club though. Shame he has moved on.

Its not like we have just won the league and all the staff at B6 are passionate winners.

On the surface Kevin Macdonald has done a good job, however I am not privvy to the goings on behind the scenes so I'm just speculating.

For me despite, winning youth cups, almost no youth players have come through with the effect of Gray, Shaw, Andy Gray, John deehan, John Gidman, Gary Williams, Colin Gibson, Keith Leonard ,Gordon Cowans and Brian Little.

When Ron Saunders was winning the League, we knew about Roy McLaren and Tony Barton, these guys were doing the business around where it mattered the first team.

How many times can you count the Youth players that are going to be super stars.....Forrester , the moore bros, Byfield, Delfounesco, Carruthers ( not samir) despite a bit of talent, we don't breed winners and that has always left me a bit unconvinced with our youth programme.

Talent is one thing application is another....I'm philisophical about Kevin Leaving, its just good luck and best wishes from me.

PS I'm just looking forward to the Lambert era, I think there will be some shock exits....so be it.Its his train set now.

Cannot fault his effort and alongside Tony McAndrew done a decent job but have thought for a number of seasons that he possibly hasn't had the same impact with players as he had a few years back .

Think when he had the chance to be the main man albeit caretaker and we got thumped at Newcastle he became in no mans land and it affected him . He didn't have any positive impact as a first team coach either under AM so it's thank you for your service but time to move on for both parties .

Jack Grealish ..."Best manager i've played under" lol

Surely its his only manager, along with McDonut

1st of all If youre going to come up with ridiculous statements like 'surely its his only manager along with mcdonut ' at least get your facts right... He never played once under 'Mcdonut'.

2nd of all jack CLEARLY means coach but of course hes not going to say 'thats the best coach ive played under' Therefore meaning hes the best coach/manager (whatever you wish to call it ) hes had during his entire football career so far.

3rd of all bitterness gets you nowhere im afraid :)

Pushed or not who cares?

Good post.

KMac has been a good servant, but he along ith Cowans was part of a team that has failed.

Jack Grealish ..."Best manager i've played under" lol

Surely its his only manager, along with McDonut

1st of all If youre going to come up with ridiculous statements like 'surely its his only manager along with mcdonut ' at least get your facts right... He never played once under 'Mcdonut'.

2nd of all jack CLEARLY means coach but of course hes not going to say 'thats the best coach ive played under' Therefore meaning hes the best coach/manager (whatever you wish to call it ) hes had during his entire football career so far.

3rd of all bitterness gets you nowhere im afraid :)

You do realise Kevan that if Jack gets into the first team he's going to be subject to a lot worse than this! After all, this is the place where James Milner was labelled 'abysmal'. :P

Pushed or not who cares?

Yes that is totally correct for me

Yep, For me too.

Not many of us would have taken him as manager and imo, those ridiculing this decision in any way shape or form are slightly hypocritical and a bit disrespectful to Kev Mac - in the way they almost want him to not progress in his life.

We talk about the youth system and how important he is to that but lets be honest, we are yet to see any real top quality players come through who are capable of dragging villa to success - With that in mind, he is more than replaceable.

Sad to see him go because I like him and I think the players like him, but if they are good enough, they will move on. Great Servant. Good luck for the future. Thanks