Kevin MacDonald to leave Villa

wedge

Getting rid of Paul Montgomery should have been priority 1 Mr Lambert

Not someone who has given his all to Villa for 17 years and been a wave of success with the kids

Crazy decision

How do you work out that it's Lambert's decision when the article's opening sentence is "Kevin MacDonald has decided..."? :suspect:

Not someone who has given his all to Villa for 17 years and been a wave of success with the kids

Crazy decision

I'm guessing you haven't actually read the piece on the OS then and instead went for a clueless reactionary and misguided post.

Jack Grealish is upset about this;

Jack Grealish ‏@JackGrealish1

What ?!?! Kev mcdonald leaving? So so upset n annoyed after hearing that! Definatly one of the greatest managers ive played under...

...And would love to play under him again, wish him all the best where ever he goes!! Upset n annoyed !!

I really hope he gets a managers job soon.

Lol, he's what 16? Not to take anything away from KMac but how managers has he played under?

CI I think you're missing the point (again). He's left but I highly doubt he was pushed. It was well reported that he put himself forward for the managers job and there was always a chance of him leaving if he didn't get it.

Good luck to him, he's been a great servant to us and will be hard to replace.

I wish him all the best in the future. Can see a good career in the lower leagues of management if that's the route he takes.

I assume Sean Verity will get the reserve job then, he took on a lot of KMac's responsibility's for them last year.

Jack Grealish is upset about this;

What ?!?! Kev mcdonald leaving? So so upset n annoyed after hearing that! Definatly one of the greatest managers ive played under...

...And would love to play under him again, wish him all the best where ever he goes!! Upset n annoyed !!

I really hope he gets a managers job soon.

Wasn't this kid moaning about something else a few months ago?

Why doesn't he shut up and wait till he's actually a footballer before the public complaints.

Don't be naive folks

He's been pushed more than likely

"...more than likely"

You haven't a clue either way and claim people are being naive... You really do spout a constant stream of rubbish.

Folk need to stop getting hysterical,KMac did a tremendous job with the youth/Reserve Team,at First team level he was never going to be part of PL plans as he will bring in his own staff.

Its all well and good having an all-conquering Youth / Reserve team, but whats the point if they dont produce very good First Team players?

Forgive my ignorance, but who have we actually brought through from grass roots that makes McDonald's work so fantastic?

There's no way that the club have pushed him. He could easily manage the youth, or the reserves. He probably just wants a career change, 17 years is a long time to be in any job.

Good luck Kev :thumb:

Crazy decision

I don't think its Lamberts fault at all. If Kev wanted to leave he did so of his own accords.

There's no way that the club have pushed him. He could easily manage the youth, or the reserves. He probably just wants a career change, 17 years is a long time to be in any job.

Good luck Kev :thumb:

Correct

Folk need to stop getting hysterical,KMac did a tremendous job with the youth/Reserve Team,at First team level he was never going to be part of PL plans as he will bring in his own staff.

Its all well and good having an all-conquering Youth / Reserve team, but whats the point if they dont produce very good First Team players?

Forgive my ignorance, but who have we actually brought through from grass roots that makes McDonald's work so fantastic?

Dean Sturridge :-)

If you don't know the answer to that then you ain't followed the Villa over the last 17 years!

I thought something like this might occur after the previous murmurings that the integration between the reserves and the first-team was poor. I guess I'd rather have more alignment between the first team/reserves and an improvement in overall first team performance than us winning the reserve league every year.

Regardless, best of luck KMac - anyone with that length of service at our club deserves the best. Thanks for the performance vs West Ham too - probably the best I've ever seen the Villa team play!