Calling Perth Villains....or other Aussies!

Walmley_Villa

I think someone needs to point out that an obvious negative point is Australia is full of Aussies... :wink:

Yes, as an aside I did forget to mention the inexplicable fact that so many Kiwis seem to have learned to read road maps and have found their way over here from Bondi....

Delboy's post was a good one.

Where are you living Delboy?

I think someone needs to point out that an obvious negative point is Australia is full of Aussies... :wink:

Are you sure ?

I have a circle of about 30 friends that I see regular and only 1 of them is an Ozzie the rest are from Manchester or London with the odd one from somewhere else in England.

Maybe if you learned to speak the language you would befriend more locals :lol:

As far as being a Brisbane boy, Perth is a ridiculously long way from home. That said, I love Perth. Great place, good beaches, food and places to see. The mining boom has ruined things for anyone outside the industry (luckily enough I am smack bang in the middle of it, so yay for me!). I do the Perth-Brisbane flight at least once per month, and if you book ahead its really only a $600 return trip, but 10hrs of your life you don't get back(return trip).

Ponky is spot on, lots of Pommie ex-pats in the north of Perth around Joondalup, you will feel right at home there. Unfortunately most of them support Liverpool and ManUre as someone else has mentioned. As you've probably already found, there are plenty of good footballers to come out of Perth, so your kids will be right on that front. Unfortunately the Perth A-League team is coached by Ian Ferguson, but we are happy for you to join the Brisbane Roar bandwagon for a proper footballing team.

Good luck!

I noticed on a thread on SHA (I go on for a laugh) and a nose living in Perth complains that there are plenty of Villa fans there! I work in IT and would assume most of the clients would be the mining firms.

Yes, as an aside I did forget to mention the inexplicable fact that so many Kiwis seem to have learned to read road maps and have found their way over here from Bondi....

Delboy's post was a good one.

Where are you living Delboy?

Claremont, in the western'burbs just above the nice shiny new shopping centre. Where are you based?

I noticed on a thread on SHA (I go on for a laugh) and a nose living in Perth complains that there are plenty of Villa fans there! I work in IT and would assume most of the clients would be the mining firms.

I have a season ticket at Perth Glory and there are about a dozen Villa fans go to their games quite regularly.

Are you sure ?

I have a circle of about 30 friends that I see regular and only 1 of them is an Ozzie the rest are from Manchester or London with the odd one from somewhere else in England.

Maybe if you learned to speak the language you would befriend more locals :lol:

I worked with a lot of Ozzies and there is nothing wrong with them, in fact I get on allright with them.Its just that for some unknown reason ( maybe my fanatical interest in football ) all my/our friends are English except for the one Oz, and she is the wife of Tom the Pom from London.

No practical advice here, but from a holiday a few years ago all I can say is that Aussie Rules football is great fun and in perth you have the choice of two teams as ( well at least then ) they groundshare. Through dint of fixture list I "support" freemantle dockers over the other perth one.

It is a lovely area though, and there are plenty of expats out there, we were visiting enough of them ourselves ;)

good vinyward down margaret river way too. and gorgeous landscapes.

This is from the local community newspaper "the Joondalup Times"

Download a factsheet and map of the distribution area for the Joondalup-Wanneroo Times

Your local market

Total population: 222,996

Males: 110,429 Females: 112,567

Median age: 34 years

Dwellings: 75,449

Median weekly household income: $1,191

Average household size: 2.6 persons

Country of birth:

Australia: 59.5%

UK/Ireland: 17.5%

Asia: 4.5%

Source: ABS Census 2006

As you can see the percentage of UK people here is quite high.

Here is the Newspaper AND article.

http://www.communitynews.com.au/Newspapers/JoondalupWannerooTimes/tabid/64/Default.aspx

Where you live Puss?

Maybe we can have the odd VT match night with a few of us Perth Villans in somebody's lounge room when the season gets underway...

Maybe even pop round to Mr & Mrs Herd's place at 1am...

@Ponky:

Just down the road from you at the moment, in Wanneroo, but we are thinking of moving to Meadow Springs ( Mandurah ) when we come back from our trip to England and Mecca ( Villa Park )

As I mentioned in an earlier post ( about comming to England ) tickets to Villa games are not an issue as I know a Villa supporter who knows C.Herds dad and Herdy is going to get the tickets for whichever Villa games I want to go to ( home or away ) so I think I will give going around to Mr and Mrs Herds at 1 am a miss.

Well if I come over I will expect to be joining you at the Glory and would love to participate in some Villa discussion and beverage...

Next season,if Glory win their qualifying game they will be in the Asian Champions Lge.If you are here in time we could go to that game ?

Be warned Walmley. The A-League season runs through our summer months and that bloody stadium has very little cover. You can be sitting there in 40 degree heat sweating like buggery.

@Ponky:

Just down the road from you at the moment, in Wanneroo, but we are thinking of moving to Meadow Springs ( Mandurah ) when we come back from our trip to England and Mecca ( Villa Park )

As I mentioned in an earlier post ( about comming to England ) tickets to Villa games are not an issue as I know a Villa supporter who knows C.Herds dad and Herdy is going to get the tickets for whichever Villa games I want to go to ( home or away ) so I think I will give going around to Mr and Mrs Herds at 1 am a miss.

You don't need to know Chris Herd's dad to get tickets to a Villa game these days!

Â