Signed: Momo Diame - by West Ham (ex-Wigan)

ender4

i dont think we can afford to be picky, we only have 1 experienced centre midfielder in makoun, ireland who changes like the weather and them some promising youth.

i dont think hes going to be happy with a squad role

ps he never turns out good on FM for me if we are going on FM players we shoud sign leandro daimao :)

Whenever I saw him he seemed to come off the bench at Wigan then came on and missed a chance. If he couldn't get in the Wigan side for whatever reason then I'm not too bothered, I'm sure like most Bosmans of the past his agent will be after a massive wage.

I like the idea of Diame, but it is just an idea. The reality I suspect would be that he wouldn't really work in there with someone like Ireland, it wouldn't be strong/balanced enough.

Good option on a free though, it would be just our luck that we were pipped by Newcastle for him, and he was amazing for them ala Tiote, Ba, Ben Arfa.

Madness. By the second-half of this season, he wasn't even starting for Wigan.

And the reasons why? Keep up Reg

Yeah, I get that he missed time for the ACN. But he didn't start when he returned. As for the reasons why, Wigan fans are split in their opinions. Some think that he's very good; some think that he isn't. Here is one of the latter opinions:

"Diame didn't start in the team from Feb onwards because of the form of McArthur & McCarthy . . . I'd rather have Diame in the squad than not & you're right that he is technically gifted. As I said though IMO his laziness cancels out that talent all too often & the fact that he's been in & out of the side every since arriving to me indicates that our manager feels the same."

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=558&fid=516&act=1&mid=2114681575

• 2 weeks later...

IMO we missed out on an opportunity.....

we have a wafer thin squad and devoid of any talent in the central midfield area....

this guy is strong on the ball, quite skillful for a big defensive midfielder and a good passer oh and he can also tackle....

i definately think Lambert could have worked with him and made him even better....

he wouldn't have commanded many wages either...

many of the top teams seem to have a tough tackling technically gifted African player at CM....

Essien/Mikel

Song

Toure

Tiote

I really felt this could have been ours

shame

if West Ham sign Zaha aswell then thats two good players that i would have been delighted to see in our team

West Ham really are a shambles

Here's to hoping they go down this season

Its always the same cycle with them Go down Come up sign a load of average players on ridiculously high wages Werewolf does his usual howl "Were back in the big time e.t.c" then they go back down again and have to sell half their side

we have a wafer thin squad and devoid of any talent in the central midfield area....

this guy is strong on the ball, quite skillful for a big defensive midfielder and a good passer oh and he can also tackle....

i definately think Lambert could have worked with him and made him even better....

many of the top teams seem to have a tough tackling technically gifted African player at CM....

Essien/Mikel

Song

Toure

Tiote

shame

if West Ham sign Zaha aswell then thats two good players that i would have been delighted to see in our team

Is he really THAT good? Firstly he didn't play for Wigan at the back end of last season while they were in contract dispute. If he was that good don't you think Wigan, who looked doomed, would have played him?

Also he was supposedly signing for Betis or Liverpool. Now he has gone to West Ham. Is he this summer's Reo-Coker?

West Ham really are a shambles

Here's to hoping they go down this season

Its always the same cycle with them Go down Come up sign a load of average players on ridiculously high wages Werewolf does his usual howl "Were back in the big time e.t.c" then they go back down again and have to sell half their side

The funny thing is QPR seem to be using them as a model.

The same Zaha who Crystal Palace says no approach has been made for him. Don't listen to the Moose the amount of things he has has got wrong on Twitter is hilarious. Crystal Palace Chairman even tweeted him because he kept banging on about Zaha!

Essien/Mikel

Song

Toure

Tiote

shame

Is he really THAT good? Firstly he didn't play for Wigan at the back end of last season while they were in contract dispute. If he was that good don't you think Wigan, who looked doomed, would have played him?

Also he was supposedly signing for Betis or Liverpool. Now he has gone to West Ham. Is he this summer's Reo-Coker?

im not saying he is as good as those ive listed...yet....

all im saying is that he would have been a very useful player to have on our books...our midfield is shit and we have very few options...im sure we will strengthen in this area but IMO Diame was a very good option...

i also don't buy the arguement that because he didn't play towards the end of the season he is therefore shit....

IMO the reason he hasn't attracted interest in the bigger teams is that they have somebody better in that position....

City,Utd,Arsenal,Spurs,Newcastle,Chelsea,Liverpool...they all are very strong in the CM area...

we are not.....

i trust Lambert to address our midfield situation though...

i just would have liked Diame to have been a part of it