Signed: Momo Diame - by West Ham (ex-Wigan)

ender4

Rodgers gives the green light; Villa also interested in Senegal star

Diame, who played at Wigan in the 2011/12 season, is one of the top Bosmans around this summer and a host of clubs are after the Senegal international.

The move appeared to have collapsed following the sacking of former Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish. However, new manager Brendan Rodgers has given the green light for the deal, as he is a big fan of the midfielder.

Liverpool could face competition from Aston Villa for Diame, with Paul Lambert keen to sign him after taking over at Villa Park.

sky sports

Real Betis confirm interest in Newcastle United and Aston Villa target Diame

Real Betis coach Pepe Mel has revealed he is chasing Wigan Athletic midfielder Momo Diame. Mel told Tele Sevilla Muchodeporte: "Let's have the opportunity to speak with him.

"He has been playing well in the Premier League and as far as I know both Aston Villa and Newcastle want to sign him.

"It is not simple. I am hoping to meet with Diame."

Click Lancashire

if Liverpool and Newcastle are our competition we dont stand a chance.....

Newcastle are buying every Senegal player under the sun and foreign players still view liverpool as some kind of super power even though i think he'd warm the bench there...

i could see him replacing Tiote at Newcastle to be honest

He may want to go to Liverpool but how many CM's do they need exactly? When Lucas Leiva returns next season he will be first choice in CM alongside Gerrard, Adam and Gylfi Sigurdsson (who Liverpool will sign IMO). No way Liverpool will shell out for another midfielder to sit on the bench when they have Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey also pressing for a place.

I guess maybe it's because Diame is a big bastard that Liverpool might be interested as they don't have any DM options with height.

More likely to go to Newcastle IMO to replace Tiote who will end up at Man Utd or Chelsea.

If he wants to play regularly then we are his best option ..Liverpool as well as those mentioned above also have Cole and Aqualiani returning from loans who ,especially in Cole's case will be getting a fresh start

I'd have to disagree Mazrim... Newcastle are a worse Target. So Liverpool will have Lucas,Gerrard,Adam,Shelvey,Spearing and maybe Henderson if they wanted to play him centre. Rodgers is also on about bringing Sigurdsson to Anfield.

Diames a very good player with a lot of potential. But theres no chance he'll be in front of half of them players... become another steven pienaar at tottenham - Bargain just not needed.

Ben Arfa and Tiote both been linked with moves away from st.james' what better replacement for them than diame on a free ? Both us and Newcastle could offer him first-team football therefore i think we could be ahead of pool.

I think this is probably another case of 'He is good on Football Manager so he must be good in real life'......

I had him on FM and he wasn't too good.

I played him as a defensive midfielder for my Valencia team, helped me win the league :D

I think this is probably another case of 'He is good on Football Manager so he must be good in real life'......

I had him on FM and he wasn't too good.

I played him as a defensive midfielder for my Valencia team, helped me win the league :D

Okay back on topic ;), I would be happy if we could get diame, but not sure what kind of wages he would want?

and ps thats pretty impressive, I manged to come 3rd with Athletic.

Does anybody know why he left Wigan on a free? Not enough game time? or does he think of himself as the next Nigel Reo-Coker who has the world at his feet and a wealth of top European clubs after him?

he didn't want to sign a new contract because he wanted to better his career and thought he was capable of getting a better contract elsewhere...

turns out he was right