God

GaztonVilla

I was going to do that pic with a pint of Guinness. But that's class. :cheers:

No it's not. Alcoholism is a disease. Would it be funny to show a pic of Stan undergoing chemo.

One Friday night instead of going out and drinking 10 pints of Carling, stay in and read God's book. Or get someone to read it to you!

Seriously get a life. The greatest player to wear claret and blue in my lifetime. Show some **** respect.

No it's not. Alcoholism is a disease. Would it be funny to show a pic of Stan undergoing chemo.

One Friday night instead of going out and drinking 10 pints of Carling, stay in and read God's book. Or get someone to read it to you!

Seriously get a life. The greatest player to wear claret and blue in my lifetime. Show some **** respect.

I think God gets the respect he gets partly because of being a brilliant player in spite of his "disease". It's not as though being a pisshead prevented him from achieving what every human being surely wants above all: Villa legend status.

I think God gets the respect he gets partly because of being a brilliant player in spite of his "disease". It's not as though being a pisshead prevented him from achieving what every human being surely wants above all: Villa legend status.

You know what mate, I totally agree with you in the minority, but, the majority do not see it as a handicap, but simply adds more kudos to his reputation.

And let's not forget he was also blessed with totally **** knees.

The word "legend" is banded around far too easily today, but I concur with your final statement.

FWIW, I totally agree. I had the pleasure of asking Paul some questions recently..

I asked him "Holte End or Stretford End". He answered "Stretford".

Also asked him why, given the fact that the Holte sings his name every game. Said he appreciated it, but the "On the piss, my lord" is something he struggles to listen to.

Did the torch make it to Belfast or Londonderry

Yes, it made it to both Belfast and Derry.

Still unclear why it went through the capital of a foreign country

It's a gesture to acknowledge the vastly improved relationship between our two countries, and a nod to the non-political nature of sport:

I am delighted that the Olympic Flame will travel across the border into the Republic next year in the run-up to the 2012 London Olympics. This historic occasion recognises the friendship, peace and cooperation that now exists on the island of Ireland and demonstrates the unifying power of sport.

The Republic of Ireland is the only country outside the UK to be visited by the torch and rightly so, given the unique and deep ties between Ireland and the UK. I’m sure the Olympic Flame will receive a warm and rapturous welcome in Dublin.

I am delighted that the spirit of the Olympic Torch will come to all parts of this island. The Olympic flame is a very iconic symbol of coming together in friendship to compete through sport. It is a flame which I think has the ability to inspire our young people to get involved in sport and I want everyone to be inspired by its history and purpose.

(Link)

Clear now?

FWIW, I totally agree. I had the pleasure of asking Paul some questions recently..

I asked him "Holte End or Stretford End". He answered "Stretford".

Also asked him why, given the fact that the Holte sings his name every game. Said he appreciated it, but the "On the piss, my lord" is something he struggles to listen to.

Thanks for that Gazton.

The first time I can remember singing 'Paul McGrath my lord' singing Liverpool away,just before Xmas, 1989? Couldn't get over how quiet the infamous Kop was!

Whole game was an honourable tribute, what a memory.

It's a gesture to acknowledge the vastly improved relationship between our two countries, and a nod to the non-political nature of sport:

Clear now?

It's actually 100% political. If it wasn't political, why would we have three quotes from, er... politicians? :winkold:

It's actually 100% political. If it wasn't political, why would we have three quotes from, er... politicians? :winkold:

Ah here, you know the "bigger picture" reply to that. When a bunch of footballers come together to applaud Stan Petrov, it has nothing to do with football. Same thing.

Any Irish villans based in Dublin, I have some comp tickets through work to the red cow for the Ireland v Italy match where God will be in attendance along with a couple of other ex Ireland players (I heard houghton will be there too)

Pm me if you want a ticket or two.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh dear, Carling Zest. Bought a cr8 of that shite. Only after tasting it did i realise it was 2.8%. Rank

Mate of mine thought he got a great deal on Corona. Only afterwards he realised he had bought Coronita. Same beer, much much smaller bottles. We lol'd out loud.

Oh dear, Carling Zest. Bought a cr8 of that shite. Only after tasting it did i realise it was 2.8%. Rank

Mate of mine thought he got a great deal on Corona. Only afterwards he realised he had bought Coronita. Same beer, much much smaller bottles. We lol'd out loud.

Theres nothing worse.

Remember years and years ago, my uncle came back from France with an absolute shed load of panache shandy. :crylaugh:

If the Republic of Ireland were hosting the Olympics would the torch go to London?

I swear our country is too kind...

To kind? You don't own the torch you know. It was a goodwill gesture take it for what it's worth.

Â