Hopes and Expectations for Next Season

Condimentalist

I hope we replace Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Bannan, Allbrighton, Delph, Fonz because they are shit

I expect we will only replace 3 of them due to lack of funds as it would be too much of an overhaul in one go and I doubt you would get anymore than £15m for that lot

I hope the football is better and we can push for the top 6

I expect the football will be better but we will be about 10th

I hope we replace Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Bannan, Allbrighton, Delph, Fonz because they are shit.

i wouldn't put bannan, albrighton, delph or fonz in the shit pile just yet, fonz has definitely got to pull his finger out as there maybe younger and better players coming through this year.

i've seen dunne be great and not so great ;) i don't think he is shit though, not what he was a few years ago for sure. but he isn't shit. warnock has played well for us in the past as has collins. they aren't exactly amazing but they aren't shit either. hutton? hmmm. had a great season for spurs when we had walker on loan. not shown anythign like that form for us at all.

i expect PL to get the most of our kids to be honest. i would think a man who has taken a league 1 squad, got them promoted twice on the bounce and then been more competitive than us last year will work wonders with our youth products. all of which i woudl think have careers ahead of them as at worst championship level players.

Simple for me.

A defence that is organised and at least knows what it's doing.

A team that is hard working and whatever the result will always give their best, most fans appreciate this too IMO.

Entertaining football is a bonus, we could pass the ball like Arsenal but still loose more than we win.

Simple for me.

A defence that is organised and at least knows what it's doing.

A team that is hard working and whatever the result will always give their best, most fans appreciate this too IMO.

Entertaining football is a bonus, we could pass the ball like Arsenal but still loose more than we win.

Chances are if you pass the ball like Arsenal you will win more than you lose.

Its not the be and end all as we know, because you need to attach a competitive edge and then you play like Man Utd.

Its all about balance and a winning mentality and belief is also important.

I have also witnessed teams who go on winning runs, but do not have the technical abilities to sustain it, that equally comes to an abrupt end.

I'm sure Lambert knows what he's got to do he just needs time and support from us/Randy to do it.

I hope we replace Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Bannan, Allbrighton, Delph, Fonz because they are shit.

i wouldn't put bannan, albrighton, delph or fonz in the shit pile just yet, fonz has definitely got to pull his finger out as there maybe younger and better players coming through this year.

Fonz is awful. Most over-rated player going. Heard on a forum some deluded villa fan say he has the potential to become as good as didier drogba.

He scored one good header in the cup (and pires scored in the same match so that sums it up ) Look at his championship goalscoring record and thats terrible. He was also a bench warmer in times of desperation last season under AMC when we had no players. How he got a 4 year deal is beyond me.

Fonz does have ability as shown in the U-20 Championships where he outshone Wellbeck, Leading scorer I believe, I think it's his desire and attitude which is the problem. As for Championship records, it means diddly squat to me, couldn't care less, just look at Gabby.

To win more than 4 home matches, play decent football and finish in the top half of the table would be a massive improvement on the shit endured last season.

Anything PL does will be better than the shit endured last season.

Would be nice to rock up anywhere again knowing we are capable of taking points

Mon achieved this

We need to get back to a side nobody wants to play

I think this sums up my realistic hopes for next season (or three, however long it takes).

In a dream world we'd sign Seedorf and make him team captain.

Speaking as an outsider I think lambert ought to be able to get you back in the top ten next season without too much major surgery. Breaking into the top 7 or 8 might be harder but there was basically nothing between 9th and 16th in the premiership last season and Villa underperformed. The fact he's not Alex Macleish alone will be worth a few points due to the general uplift in the atmosphere. Lambert's not stupid and the ability to enhance his reputation through effecting a reasonably quick turnaround at Villa will be one of the main reasons he took the job.

For those of you hoping for/expecting a good cup run though you may well be sorely disappointed. We did nothing in the cups under lambert and he often put out weakened teams. In fact last season he htrew away one of our best chances of getting to wembley for ages when in the last 16 he put out a weakened team and we lost at home to Leicester. He doesn't care about the Cup. Whether or not that changes with you remains to be seen of course.

Â