Ended: Jay Rodriguez signed for Southampton

Villan4Life

daily mail

Aston Villa and Sunderland are showing late interest in Burnley’s Jay Rodriguez as his move to Southampton is yet to be finalised.

The Saints are trying to convince him to move to St Mary's after agreeing to smash their transfer record for the Burnley youngster.

Saints have had a £7million bid accepted for Rodriguez and chairman Nicola Cortese has been attempting to thrash out personal terms with the 22-year-old striker's representatives.

Admittedly I haven't seen him play a lot, but I've caught the few Burnley games on TV from last season and whereas he looked good for them, I'm not sure I would say he was PL quality but perhaps he's improved a lot since I last saw him. Would rather have a look at Rhodes.

I dont think we should be chasing strikers Sunderland are linked with ;)

Its a Daily Mail article so probably rubbish but 7million is a lot of cash for a player who hasnt played top flight football

Saints have had a £7million bid accepted for Rodriguez and chairman Nicola Cortese has been attempting to thrash out personal terms with the 22-year-old striker's representatives.

So, £7m and probably high wage demands by the sound of it. He needs to be bloody good for all that, which is hardly likely for someone whose name has hardly registered on the transfer clapometer.

I dont think we should be chasing strikers Sunderland are linked with ;)

Its a Daily Mail article so probably rubbish but 7million is a lot of cash for a player who hasnt played top flight football

Don't worry. On that basis MON will sign him.

I'd be gutted if we spent £7 million on someone like Jay Rodriguez!

Haven't seen him play, but if we spent that kind of money on him I'd be happy as that would probably mean that there is cash to spend this summer. Would feel a bit like when we bought Young all those years ago.

But there's probably no truth behind this at all. But as someone said, now we've got a manager the links begins.

Good young player , not sure he's for us but if the manager wants him, it's ok by me

Yes but it is a worry that we would spend a large chunk of our transfer kitty on a gamble in a position that is not the biggest area of concern.

at 22 he's got plenty of time to improve...

tricky player, good with the ball at his feet, low centre of gravity a la joe Cole....

we wouldn't have to offer 7m...

if he wanted to come to us over southampton maybe we could offer 5m which he is definately worth